Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's over kill to monitor but I got the gauge now so I'm going with it...
Where should I mount the probe for the engine oil sending unit?

Putting 3 gauge's in a row, all temp sensors... water (in the neck), trans (in the pan) and engine oil... (in the ???)

If everyone agrees on the oil pan, is there a second choice? Pan is already painted and mounted...

Any input welcome...

Mark

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
what about the trans temp? uuuuh... and let's not forget the differential, power steering, and brake fluid!!! :doh:

weld a bung in the oil pan. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what about the trans temp? uuuuh... and let's not forget the differential, power steering, and brake fluid!!! :doh:

weld a bung in the oil pan. ;)
Thank you Capt. Obvious!:D:D:D:D

I know over kill!:eek::devil::D

And I did mention the trans...

Differeantal good idea!:eek::no::no:

Don't have power steering:devil:

Brake fluid... I'll be happy if it stop the first time!:eek::devil::D

What's you second choice pan is mounted and painted...

But thanks for playing!:D:D:D

Mark

PS where's the smart a.s.s. font when you need it!

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
Mark the smartass comments i can't help but the advice is sound... put it in the pan. :thumbsup:

where do you have enough constant quantity of oil that you can get an accurate reading?

unless you're running a remote filter, cooler etc then you might be able to install it in one of those connections. if you're not running an oil cooler (most have no need for one unless strictly race prepped) then bite the bullet and install it in the pan...

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Dip Stick Prob

Saw one on a race car once. The dip stick was like a thermometer.

:devil:

·
Registered
527 Posts
Don't they make some oil filter adapters that have holes pre-drilled for gauge attachments? Just like a spacer between the block and the oil filter so you can tap in right there.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Depending on probe size, you can use a well for the drain plug. And slide the probe in. They make a lock tab for the ends
To prevent it from sliding back out.
They look like this and come in all sizes and shapes.
This is a stainless one

1 - 9 of 9 Posts