Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, i am working on my 62 sedan, I bought the car a few months ago and am making great progress so far but my drivers side outer wheelhouse is completely rotted out, my pass side the outer lip is gone. My question is do i have to remove the quarters to replace them? I will be doing a mini tub and my quarters are very very good so i would hate to have to remove them. Is it possible to replace them while doing the mini tub with the quarters on?

Thanks

·
Vendor
1,761 Posts
To answer your first question, yes, the tubs can be replaced without removing the quarters -- BUT -- it is a bear of a job. Something you probably want to try and avoid.

To your second question, yes, you can address the wheel house when doing the tub. And yes, it can be done without removing the quarters. Another big job, but doable. I would say do the tubs and wheel house repairs all at once. Overall less work and the wheel houses will likely be easier to address when the wheel tub area has been cut out.

It is uncommon on these cars for the inner houses to go and the quarters to be solid. They usually go together. Have your quarters been previously been replaced?

Reactions: LSCustoms

·
Registered
558 Posts
I recently installed DSE minitubs on my 65 and, as stated above, it does appear that it can be done without removing the quarters and again, as stated above, does seem like it would be a pain (more so than the inner)... i did not need to replace mine at this time... def would be "easier" to do while the inner is out, vs in...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, yea i think the person i got the car from did replace the quarters. Im going to give it a shot with them on, if not ill have to bite the bullet....uggg But thanks for the info.

·
Vendor
1,761 Posts
We had a similar scenario. The previous owner had installed a NOS GM quarter but for what ever reason did not address the wheel house rot. Best of luck!

Reactions: LSCustoms
1 - 6 of 6 Posts