Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
13,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides the 50k price, there's something about this car that I can't connect with. For me, the red interior doesn't go well with the maroon exterior, even though this was an available combo in '65. Maybe the muddy floor mats and the spare tire that looks like it just come off a salted road. Maybe the show 'n shine plaques stuck to the scratched up dash. Maybe the tires that look too big for the car. Then we get back to the price for a six PG:eek:. Sheesh!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Chevr...m46936afe57:g:VbAAAOSw7xxcq8eP&frcectupt=true

Bob

·
Super Moderator
4,000 Posts
Yeah, I mean, come on. The '63 SS (white/black, 3 spd) you found in an earlier thread Bob was a much better buy and car. Love '65's, but this one has some serious flaws: wrong dash color/paint, major hood gap issues, and a lot of other untidiness.

That said, my pops went into Lindy Chevrolet, Arcadia, CA in the spring of 1965 and ordered a 400 series wagon in madeira maroon with the red interior. It must be because that vehicle was THE family truckster for the next 25 years, but that combo always seemed like home to me. The maroon was always very attractive, and was a deep iridescent lacquer, something hard to reproduce with today's paints.

As for this '65 SS, I can see low teens in today's market, maybe?

·
Registered
945 Posts
As for this '65 SS, I can see low teens in today's market, maybe?
I think the car will bring over ten but I don't see it coming close to twenty unless he finds someone who doesn't know what it's really worth. Asking what he's asking shows he's either dreaming or clueless.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
yes this one is a bit on the pricey side. for sure a vac over the carpet before the picture was taken. last summer at a car show i got a top ten award. the guy presenting the awards told me if i had armor-alled my spare an dusted off the rim i'd have got in the top five. so now i never have a dirty spare.

·
Registered
384 Posts
$50k for a car... and the owner can't be bothered to knock the mud off the tires and fenderwells, vacuum the carpets, wipe down the door jams, or clean the dirt off the spare?

Someone pass the pipe.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Some bad resto choices there for sure, but a decent car overall. The price is what's nutso though, for $50K that puppy should be spotless and almost perfect.

·
Premium Member
3,750 Posts
First, let me say that I DO like inline sixes. But, given the market, $50k is a lot to ask for a '65 (unless there's a leaping cat on the hood...:D ).

Also, I'm with Bob on the maroon/red thing. I remember car shopping with my dad in '66 and seeing a Nova SS with a 283 in that combination. We just looked at each other and shook our heads!

Final note: Not to belittle the seller's profession, but an unrealistic price combined with a screen name like "jewelry.pawn" just doesn't inspire a lot of confidence!

·
13,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also, I'm with Bob on the maroon/red thing. I remember car shopping with my dad in '66 and seeing a Nova SS with a 283 in that combination. We just looked at each other and shook our heads!
There were some odd color combos available in the 60's. The 1966 Nova SS in Lemonwood Yellow could be ordered with a turquoise interior. Anybody ever see one? The combo was only available in U.S. built cars.

Bob

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
For $50k, you would expect an all original car to be exceptionally solid! The Yellow 65SS that Bruce, AKA Batman09 had for example, was exceptionally solid. I'm not sure how solid this car is but I see that it is listed as a mid western car as opposed to a California car.

For the price, Most bidders would want an original V8 car instead of a straight six! I imagine the six would devalue the car significantly in comparison to a V8.

The interior color looks a little weird but that is what the car came with. Honestly Black interior would look much better in this car.

When Batman sold his 65 SS on Ebay, he had alot of international bidders from Australia interested in it, which is where his car went. While an International bidder may be willing to pay top dollar for the right car, I'm willing to bet that even they wouldn't pay $50K for this car...

·
Registered
928 Posts
He could get $50k for that car if he would just do a couple things....
Churchboys suspension front and back, LS3/4L65e, minitub, Vintage Air, 4 wheel Baer brakes and a set of Forgelines. Oh, and change the interior to black:D

·
Super Moderator
67 4 door, 65 wagon (in pieces)
6,667 Posts
He could get $50k for that car if he would just do a couple things....
Only one really. Put $38k in the trunk.

There were some odd color combos available in the 60's. The 1966 Nova SS in Lemonwood Yellow could be ordered with a turquoise interior. Anybody ever see one? The combo was only available in U.S. built cars.

Bob
Lots of drugs back then :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts