Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20,113 Posts
That Camaro looks like one belonging to Justin Curry that has been around for a long time since the days of HRG. Very nice looking 3rd gen you have now.

You have a 40 Ford coupe? I built my buddy the 40 Tudor with an LS1.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I owned the Camaro for over 12 years then let it go and it's in Georgia and is in a drag racing museum where the owner uses it for AHRA nostalgia racing events.

Yes, I have a 1940 Chevy coupe, have had it 34 years.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Holy ****, that wheelstand without bars is NUTS. :eek:
That was a few years ago at Royal Purple Raceway in Houston. The DA that day was -1500 and she was making more power than I had suspension for. It stood up almost instantly, I hit second, then third bopped the throttle just a bit and she came back down. It was for sure a hard landing but was under power so it wasn't crushing. I didn't break anything luckily and was able to make several more runs that day.

I forgot I have a video of that run.

https://youtu.be/_2kOB9Itb6o

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Garret is that you? It’s Ray from the chevelle site. BRACKETCHEV1221. I sold my chevelle race car last year too. I have a 70 ss396 chevelle restoration going on and an 80 malibu that will be a future project later on. I just had enough with the racing thing and spending dollar after dollar trying to go faster.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes sir. I recognize your screen name. I needed to thin the herd a little. The Camaro was sitting on the trailer collecting dust for 2 years. It needed to go to a good home and it found one. I still have 3 cars in the corral so plenty to play with.

That sounds like a neat project. The big block 70's are desirable.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Did you just purchase the car? It looks like the car my dad built a few years back and sold to someone around the St Louis area. At the time it had a 383/ 4speed. If so instance message me and I can give you a little info on the car back into the early 90s.

·
Registered
20,113 Posts
Just noticed the headers look like Dynatech on the Nova. I love those and fit great on the 3rd gen Novas. Here's a shot of the Camaro I thought was your's. It's had a few make overs over the years and used to look like yours there is why I thought it was this car.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bought the Nova from a fella in Pittsburg, KS.

Yeah, that Camaro and mine have few if any similarities. Mine was/is all metal, all there, much like a stock eliminator car. Factory, interior, etc.

·
Registered
45 Posts
That's where he lives so I would have to assume its the same nova. Looks like you've done a few upgrades and looks good. Probably a little faster with the new powerplant.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Yes sir. I recognize your screen name. I needed to thin the herd a little. The Camaro was sitting on the trailer collecting dust for 2 years. It needed to go to a good home and it found one. I still have 3 cars in the corral so plenty to play with.

That sounds like a neat project. The big block 70's are desirable.
Are you looking to run the Nova, or just keep it more of a cruiser car? I really don't want the Chevelle to get too crazy. The body needs attention, but there is something to be said for idling at a traffic light at 900 rpm in gear with an automatic shifting t-400. I have set a goal of 550-600 hp with a hydraulic roller big block AND power brakes. I have 2 potential blocks and depending on the crank I find it will be a 468 or a 496. If I can find a steel 4" crank I'll do the 468. If I have to buy one, I'll go with the Scat 9000 and get a 4.25".

·
Registered
138 Posts
Old car top, 800 HP 468, 9.20 @ 143

New Car bottom, 575 HP 427, E/T unknown
I've seen your Camaro in many places on the internet. It's freakin awesome. But i'll tell you what, that Nova is awesome too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts