Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Building my '64 SS into a pro-touring street machine. Gonna use a more modern interior. Wondering what popular bucket seats other than stock people are using in their rides. Any pics other than stock of buckets and info. would be helpful! Let's see them guys!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Prices?

That place sells some sweeeet seats...but where's the prices??? I didn't see them in the catalog althoughI was in a hurry! Makes me wonder if they're a small fortune, but I'll call soon to find out. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
I just put in fronts and rears from an 02 Acura tl.If installed right the front buckets move far enough foward and and the seat back tilts foward enough to get in the back sear with ease.The back seat is about 4ins. too narrow so I'm building a filler panel out of 2x4 with a little padding for each side.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
I have Fiero seats but am thinking about some Cadillac seats after I saw a car here with them. JR

·
Registered
309 Posts
That place sells some sweeeet seats...but where's the prices??? I didn't see them in the catalog althoughI was in a hurry! Makes me wonder if they're a small fortune, but I'll call soon to find out. Thanks!
Yeah I had that issue too, couldnt find prices. But then I saw a Gearz episode where they installed those seats on a project and they said for both seats and the brackets it was just under $600 so not too bad.

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
These are Beard seats. www.redart.com Obviously my pictures weren't focused on the seats, but hopefully you get an idea. They're designed as an off road seat and really hold you in. I've driven quite a bit in them and never got uncomfortable.

Or you could stick with a seat that looks like this...

·
Registered
309 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
Honda Accord? front and back. Headrests removed and added padding once they get recovered.

my front seats look exactly like those!
mine are from an 88 acura integra.
i also am not using the head rest.
please post a pic if you get yours recovered soon.
i was just thinking about pulling these from the shed and recovering mine soon.
my outer brackets on both seats line up fine but i think i will just need to drill the inner/center two bracket holes. did you have to do any other mods?

steve

·
Registered
708 Posts
Seats

Thanks for comment I was originally going to make one center stripe. The upholstery shop came up with that scheme. I was originally just going to do one center stripe.

I liked the way it turned out and those seats recline back.

I will be doing something to door panels next to blend with seats. Have not decided on pattern yet.

I love the new upholstery! I looks like you have racing stripes on your seats :D

·
Registered
653 Posts
my front seats look exactly like those!
mine are from an 88 acura integra.
i also am not using the head rest.
please post a pic if you get yours recovered soon.
i was just thinking about pulling these from the shed and recovering mine soon.
my outer brackets on both seats line up fine but i think i will just need to drill the inner/center two bracket holes. did you have to do any other mods?

steve
They maybe the same. I'm not 100% sure what they came from other than some kind of Honda/Acura. I don't see them getting recovered anytime soon. The project is kind of pushed off and i don't see getting anything done anytime soon.

I have no stock floor left so they're on custom mounts.

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
They maybe the same. I'm not 100% sure what they came from other than some kind of Honda/Acura. I don't see them getting recovered anytime soon. The project is kind of pushed off and i don't see getting anything done anytime soon.

I have no stock floor left so they're on custom mounts.
my seats are sitting for the same reason.
i think they will always be there so i am not too motivated to do this just yet.
im tempted though.
this bench seat is a heavy sled! :eek:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts