Horizon Blue with white vinyl top

TH350

Rear End: tbd

Single Exhaust

14 x 6 SSIII (Oldsmobile Rally) with 195/70/14

Light Sapphire Blue interior, bench, no console

Air Conditioning, Power Steering

No radio

This is basically how I received the car. Plans are to make it handle real well but keep the L6. I also want the AC to work. Probably will get a radio eventually since this is my commuter car for work. A new carpet is on the way and I'm getting estimates for recovering the seats. Addco sway bars front and rear with ACDelco shocks. 15 x 7 SSIII wheels going on with 205/65/15 tires. I have a set of 2.02 heads on the shelf. I had them checked out and they only need liners and a valve job. It is very hard, resisting the urge to build a small block for this car (it will bolt right up to the trans, no problem).

·
Super Moderator
3,894 Posts
Car's in great condition. Looks like the originality is all or mostly still there, and it's kind of ready to go right now. You'll save tons not having to do bodywork to something that nice, so you get to concentrate on mechanicals. Keep us up to date on the mods.

·
Registered
573 Posts
You can make that car handle awesome without much effort. Replace all the suspension and body bushings with polyeurethane, then add a 1 inch front sway bar and a rear bar. Done! I had a 1976 Ventura with the straight 6, metric trans, and Radial Tuned Suspension. It handled much better than my 1971 Nova, due to the better front end geometry. Where did you take the pictures? Looks like an interesting place.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback. I've been hearing about the difference in geometry for x-bodies 75 and up. The Ventura grill was really cool, they made a good clone. The front and rear bars are on and it's handling well. I like the responsivness of a light six cylinder car. That is Forest Lawn in Glendale California. Good geometry in classic architecture.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts