Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I want to thank everyone for helping me with my 63 SS nova overheating problems. I feel stupid but I tried everything to keep it from overheating, New hoses, 3 row radiator, new thermostat, new waterpump, and this is just a 194 I was trying to keep cool. Come to find out, I bought a new thermostat at autozone and installed it but nothing happened. Talked to one of my older friends who has been around classic cars and he told me to get the original equipment 180 thermostat from carquest, Not some reproduction. It worked !!!!
The mighty 194 does not overheat anymore.

I was wondering if anyone knows what the 63 nova thermostat was out of the factory. Cant seem to find it anywhere ?

Brian

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I think auto zone has crap for thermostats to start with. I bought a so called fail safe stat. And the dang thing Never worked period.And the Motor over heated.I to it back and went to discount auto. No problems there after. And I only changed the to start with Just because it was Old and I figured it was close to maybe?? giving up.Other then that no realy reason for me to have changed it to start with.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts