Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a picture of an original Muncie shifter handle for a 1969 Nova with bucket seats and no console ? I have been looking for one and I cant find one.
Thanks

·
Registered
338 Posts
TO: Bob & 65-SD (moderators)
I didn't intend for this Originality thread to look like a classified parts ad but this is the best way for him to see what My69Rat wants!!:rolleyes:

I don't have pics but can tell you where to look.:yes:

Look online at 2009 Nova catalog:

www.classicindustries.com

Page 723 -
1968-72 Muncie 4-Speed Shifter
#6264024 1968-72 $189.95 ea.

Page 125
1968-72 4-Speed Shift Boot w/o Console
#B21057 1968-72 boot (w/o console) $34.99 ea.
also -
1968-72 4-Speed Shift Boot Trim & Retainer w/o Console
#N1408 1968-72 retainer (2 pieces) $39.99 ea.

I believe you are also talking about the boot, not just the handle.

Gary

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't intend for this Originality thread to look like a classified parts ad but this is the best way for him to see what My69Rat wants!!:rolleyes:

Page 723 -
1968-72 Muncie 4-Speed Shifter
#6264024 1968-72 $189.95 ea.

Page 125
1968-72 4-Speed Shift Boot w/o Console
#B21057 1968-72 boot (w/o console) $34.99 ea.
also -
1968-72 4-Speed Shift Boot Trim & Retainer w/o Console
#N1408 1968-72 retainer (2 pieces) $39.99 ea.

I believe you are also talking about the boot, not just the handle.

Gary
Thank you so much Gary. I will check them out

·
13,985 Posts
Gary
Not a problem, Gary. Looks like your info helped him with his problem and that's what we're all about.

Bob

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Just so other members know the Nova Muncie shifter handle is not a bolt on part like the Hurst shifter.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I don't want to hijack the thread, but does anyone have an actual picture of a factory muncie 4 speed shifter assembly for a 1969 bench seat car. Possibly, from two different angles. Thanks. I have seen pictures of the repo shifters, but wanted to see a factory shifter if possible.

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't want to hijack the thread, but does anyone have an actual picture of a factory muncie 4 speed shifter assembly for a 1969 bench seat car. Possibly, from two different angles. Thanks. I have seen pictures of the repo shifters, but wanted to see a factory shifter if possible.
I have been trying to get the same thing for a year now. I think the bench seat and the bucket seat car without a console is the same shifter handle. I guess no one has a picture of either one.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
I have been trying to get the same thing for a year now. I think the bench seat and the bucket seat car without a console is the same shifter handle. I guess no one has a picture of either one.
I've been looking forever too, I do know the bench and non console cars use the same sifter. I recently bought a 68 Chevelle console shifter arm and cut it to fit my car.:D I used the console shifter arm because it is bent toward the driver and makes 3rd gear easier to reach with the bench seat all the way back. Most guys will never know it's incorrect, especially seems how they're never seen with the MUNCIE stamped in them.

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've been looking forever too, I do know the bench and non console cars use the same sifter. I recently bought a 68 Chevelle console shifter arm and cut it to fit my car.:D I used the console shifter arm because it is bent toward the driver and makes 3rd gear easier to reach with the bench seat all the way back. Most guys will never know it's incorrect, especially seems how they're never seen with the MUNCIE stamped in them.
Thanks Paul, I was told some time ago they were the same. I havent seen them both together. Paul I was talking radiators for BB Novas some time ago with you. I finally got my original Harrison rebuilt with a four row in it. I works fine, it stays at 180 all the time with the original 5 bladed fan. I dont understand why some people think they have to have the aluminum radiators and all that stuff. Talk to you later. :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
I bought one this week. Hoepfully, it is the right one. The guy I bought it from says that it is the correct factory (not repo) shifter for a 1969 Nova 4 speed with bench seat. I will take a picture of it when I get it today and post it. Maybe then we can get a positive I.D.

He also mentioned that it is the same shifter for earlier camaro's 67 68 does that sound right?

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bought one this week. Hoepfully, it is the right one. The guy I bought it from says that it is the correct factory (not repo) shifter for a 1969 Nova 4 speed with bench seat. I will take a picture of it when I get it today and post it. Maybe then we can get a positive I.D.

He also mentioned that it is the same shifter for earlier camaro's 67 68 does that sound right?
I have heard that the early Camaros had the same shifters as the Novas. I think they changed in 69. Not sure though

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
From what I've figured out the 67,68 Camaro shifters will work with a console car only, because the Camaro shifters were centered, with or without the console unlike the Novas that are offset without the console. I could be wrong though.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
This is what i got. The guy I bought the shifter from said that it is the correct shifter for a bench seat non console. I hope its the right one!

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This is what i got. The guy I bought the shifter from said that it is the correct shifter for a bench seat non console. I hope its the right one!

Hope this helps.
That looks nice. Did you find out anything on the carb ?
Anthony

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Please let us know if this shifter works (sits in the correct position), all the research I've done, no one has ever said there is a non console shifter for the Novas only the Camaro. If this is correct post the part # and where to get them for us.

Thanks, Paul

·
Registered
80 Posts
my68rat,

Thanks for the tip. I spoke with him today and got some additional info. I wanted to see a couple of pictures, but he said it wouldn't be for a couple of days before he could get some pictures to me. You saw it, what condition was it in? Did it look in good shape? He said that it was rebuilt about ten years ago. So it will need to be rebuilt and restored before it goes onto my car. He also could not tell me if it had the original baseplate. What did you think of it for the price, considering it needs to be restored?

Thanks again for the tip.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts