Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at doing 2 things..

1. buying 2 new repo fenders
2. buying original fenders that need some work on the bottom rear.

I ve heard stories that repos dont fit up right. Does any one have a suggestion.

would I be better off buying originals and fixing them or gettin repos.

I have a line on 2 that are in great shape but need a little work on the rear lower portion of the fender. I can get them both for about $100.

or spent about 500 to 600 on aftermarket.

What should I do. any help would be awesome..

nick

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
On the aftermarket replacement fenders, you can never get the gaps to match up right between the fenders and the doors. I suggest using originals if you have the option.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Another story
Bought a 72 project with repo fenders. Two things: They did not match up to the original inner fenders and I have no clue on how to line them up with the doors or shim them up! So now I am stuck wishing I had some originals--I need help too!!--Eric

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I think I have two origional 69 fenders in the top of my garage. I know they need work but I'm not sure how much! Let me take a look tomorrow and if any of you are close enough to Pittsburgh, PA to pick them up I would be willing to trade for something or work out some other deal! I know they aren't 70 to 72 but the only difference is the front marker light.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input. went last night and bought them. They are freakin cherry. Only need about a quarter size fixed on both. Ill get some pics once I get them done. Thanks again all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts