Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a factory a/c 66 wagon but the only part that is still on the car is the evaporator (under dash unit) that's been open for who knows how long. Does anyone make a retrofit kit that utilizes the original a/c box assembly? I'm not married to the idea of using the original evaporator and expansion valve but I would like at least utilize the box and vents themselves. It seems sacrilegious to remove the factory a/c and install an aftermarket kit on a car with factory tented glass.

I'm hoping there is a supplier that will put together the components I need in kit form that will allow me to keep the factory look. I still have r12 refrigerant rat holed from the past so i'm not limited to 134a systems as well.

Any members here that have already accomplished this? I would like to hear some opinions on how well the original system cooled compared to other alternatives?

TIA

·
Registered
225 Posts
Have you tried Original Air? I used their kit to upgrade my factory air '73 Nova. I retained the evaporator and controls. I don't know how far back they go on Novas. but give them a call.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts