Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been to several parts stores and have ordered 4 master cylinders for my 1967 project. All of them have been the ones with a flat bolted-on top. Of course my original one had the wire bale holding the top on.

Does anyone know where to find an original appearing master cylinder?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Master cylinder

Thanks fpr the advice. I've gotten 2 from Autozone. The picture in the computer shows the correct one, but when it arrives, the top is the bolt on type. I bought one from C2O. It was the bolt-on type as well. They very nicely told me to send it back and they would help me find another.

I just bought one through Master Power Brakes. Maybe it'll be correct. The picture and schematic looks to be correct. We'll see. It better be for over $100.

Thanks again for the responses.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
advance auto sells the correct looking remanufactured dual resevoirs for like 13 bucks. Id imagine its the same china seals that are used in the brand new ones. But with better original castings.:yes:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Advance Auto

I put a 67 master cylinder on my 62 from Advance Auto and it has the wire retainer for the top. Paid like $15. Have put about 2000 miles on it so far this year without any problems. Orielly's had them too, but their core charge is huge.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I had ordered and looked at 2 different ones from Oreilly. No luck. The closest Advance is over an hour away. I may check it iut anyway.

I have now looked at 2 different ones at Autozone, 2 at Oreilly, 2 at Napa and the one from C2O (which was from Napa with a C2O sticker over the pat number).

Some of them new, some rebuilt.

Anyway, thanks. I'll let you know how it works out.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Nope, again

Nope. The Master Power master cylinder has the flat top as well. I am going to my nearest Advance auto parts store and try again.

Thanks and any more help/advice would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Found one!

Well I found a reman. one at Advance. I painted the cap since it did not come cadium or inc plated. The top had been bead plasted or whatever. Any way, it turned out pretty nice.

I'll try to get some pictures when I find my memory stick fo my camera.

Thanks for the advice and assisstance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts