Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is an original factory installEd and complete 1966 Nova ac system worth, including compressor, hoses, V8 exhaust manifolds, and underdash unit?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I paid $325 for a 6 cyl 1963 AC system a year ago. I would say $500-$700 depending on the shape of it and the completeness.

·
Vendor
1,761 Posts
$750 - $1250+ (or more) depending on shape. There are a lot of little odds and ends that are usually missing or missed when removing from the car, that can help to drive price. Complete V8 systems are worth more than L6 systems.

·
13,693 Posts
I agree with Southbays2s on the odd and ends. You didn't mention if the condenser and dryer are also included. Good original condensers are really hard to find. What appear to be good hoses frequently aren't and need replacing. If everything is truly there and able to be used, I'd say up to $1500.

Bob

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is still in the car and complete this a 2 owner 1 family car with 55,000 original miles I am the 2nd owner the first was my aunt, it has the original brackets and ramhorn for nova exhaust manifold date code for a 1966 vehicle i am looking to customize the car so i plan to go with a vintage air system so i guess if i have it removed, seal everything and keep all the parts in a crate i guess it could be worth something after all

·
Vendor
1,761 Posts
If the system has never been touched and is still charged, it is running R-12 refrigerant. R-12 has been "banned" (probably varies by state) for over 20 years. It has value. Freon does not degrade and can be recovered with the right equipment. There is a process for system evacuation and depressurization. A trained A/C tech should know how to evacuate and seal the system so internal damage does not occur to sensitive parts. Contaminants - moisture and dirt - can wreak havoc inside A/C system components. All systems have different guidelines, the original GM shop manuals have all kinds of A/C info.

If you are going to remove the system, purchase the Accessories Installation Manual and use it as a guide for disassembly - 1966 Chevrolet Accessory Installation Manual Chevy Car Pickup Suburban Truck Van | eBay

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is still pressurized with R12, going to have it reclaimed by a professional

1 - 7 of 7 Posts