Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 71SS numbers matching, but for some reason after 3 years, I’m suspect whether or not the 12 bolt I have is original to the car. Even under all the undercoating and years of grease and grime, the red posi tag is still attached. I thought I read somewhere the 71 and 72s received 10 bolt posi units. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I have a 71SS numbers matching, but for some reason after 3 years, I’m suspect whether or not the 12 bolt I have is original to the car. Even under all the undercoating and years of grease and grime, the red posi tag is still attached. I thought I read somewhere the 71 and 72s received 10 bolt posi units. Thoughts?
Check https://www.novaresource.org/

·
Registered
47 Posts
87gn, In car applications, the Chevrolet 12 bolt, was used up to 1971. The code info can be found on the passenger side axle housing. There are plenty on-line sources to decode your information. It is very likely your 12 bolt is original to your Nova. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
103 Posts
If you clean the axle tube at the front/passenger location, you should be able to read the date codes. If they are correct for your build date, it's a match.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts