Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm trying to spruce up the ride for the Hot Rod Power Tour. I'll be driving 4 hours to Madison to take part in the kick off. No plans to continue past that. Travelling with my Dad.

Car: 1966 chevy II, 400 series Nova. 23K original miles. Two-tone blue (danube/mist). I've only made a few updates so far (don't worry, I kept the original stuff, even the original belts and plug wires). Hella H4 housings and higher wattage H4 bulb, and LED tailights.

Soon to be installed:
- CPP 1/ 1/2 inch lowering springs.
- 1 to 2 inch lowering blocks in the rear, depending on what I need.
- 205/50/17 BFG KDW2s
- 17x7" Coys C5 wheels.

If you are in the market for Coys this summer, put your order in soon. A month ago, they were $150 per wheel, and machining for 4.5 back spacing was free, or so I thought.

Prices have gone up to $175, and machining is now $25 a wheel because they are busy. I'm slightly miffed that they are going to cost $200 more than I thought, but they are still reasonable considering they are the wheel I want and the backspacing I want.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
You will like your Coy's. I get compliments on mine all the time.:yes:

·
Registered
681 Posts
A word of cation on those lowering springs from CPP. I have them and the ride is extremely hard. No give in the front suspension.

Also, you'll need the shocks they sell as well. Stock ones do not fit right.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I will be looking for you too in Madison! We are Long Hauling in my 64 which is Dark Blue. Now, get off the net and finish your car!!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A word of cation on those lowering springs from CPP. I have them and the ride is extremely hard. No give in the front suspension.
I saw they had heavy duty ones and standard rate. I went with the standard rate. I'm expecting the ride to get worse going from 14" wheels and a 70 series tire at stock height, to 17" with 50 series and lowered.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts