Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a new 383 block 4 bolt with all forged rotating assembly,internally balanced, kb forged pistons,6" rods. I think i got a decent deal, paid $2100 for it with free shipping. Now i need to pick a new cam. I'll be bolting on the new top end trick flow alum heads, rpm airgap intake, aed double pmper 750, and 1 3/4 hooker headers. I have a th350 with a 3000 stall to go on to that. Its got 3.42 gear and 26" tire. What kind hp do you think this will produce. And any cam suggestions. I want to know i have a cam in it, but i dont want to have tuning problems or no idle. Thanks.

Len

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
I just ordered a new 383 block 4 bolt with all forged rotating assembly,internally balanced, kb forged pistons,6" rods. I think i got a decent deal, paid $2100 for it with free shipping. Now i need to pick a new cam. I'll be bolting on the new top end trick flow alum heads, rpm airgap intake, aed double pmper 750, and 1 3/4 hooker headers. I have a th350 with a 3000 stall to go on to that. Its got 3.42 gear and 26" tire. What kind hp do you think this will produce. And any cam suggestions. I want to know i have a cam in it, but i dont want to have tuning problems or no idle. Thanks.

Len
where did you get that short block from im interested :yes:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes the have great prices. T and L performance in NC was only about $500 more for the same setup.

Len

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Any cam recommendations??
I think you would get a lot more help if your post wasn't telling people you ordered a new block--How about posting something about needing cam suggestions? A question usually gets more answers than a statement.

Dale ran Lunati's old Bracket Master hydraulic in his 406 and it was almost an 11 second (12.12) car with 3.08's and tight converter. Sounded good and could have been a daily driver for your grandma. (230°@.050/.480 lift)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts