Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,

The wife is pregnant with our second child, so my dream of turning my six banger into a Super Nova in one shot have been completely crushed. I am a mature man and can handle it. Glad to be having a second little rug rat.

So . . . we compromised on doing the Super Nova in stages. My problem is, I don't know in what order I should do things so that I am not paying for labor twice.

This is the order I think it should go but you guys would know so feel free to chime in. Each number would be a year.

1. Hotchkis supension
2. Beef up my 10 bolt (I have the stronger of the two 10 bolts and don't plan on dragging)
3. Front disc brakes
4. Wheels and tires
5. Buy a 700r4 tranny
6. Buy a turn-key 400 hp 350 from the Engine Factory
7. Final Assembly with surrounding systems, radiator, etc, etc.
8. Paint and SS Cloning

IF I HAVE FORGOTTEN ANYTHING, LET ME KNOW.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Well,

The wife is pregnant with our second child, so my dream of turning my six banger into a Super Nova in one shot have been completely crushed. I am a mature man and can handle it. Glad to be having a second little rug rat.

So . . . we compromised on doing the Super Nova in stages. My problem is, I don't know in what order I should do things so that I am not paying for labor twice.

This is the order I think it should go but you guys would know so feel free to chime in. Each number would be a year.

1. Hotchkis supension
2. Beef up my 10 bolt (I have the stronger of the two 10 bolts and don't plan on dragging)
3. Front disc brakes
4. Wheels and tires
5. Buy a 700r4 tranny
6. Buy a turn-key 400 hp 350 from the Engine Factory
7. Final Assembly with surrounding systems, radiator, etc, etc.
8. Paint and SS Cloning

IF I HAVE FORGOTTEN ANYTHING, LET ME KNOW.
I would try and combine some of those as they directly relate to each other and the over all workings on the car as a system. And they will impact how the car sits and feels. And your smart to try and not pay for labor twice as that is going to be your biggest expense if you are not doing it in your garage.

For instance;
1-4
6-7
9 interior

JMO

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys,

Thanks for the tips, sincerely. All thumbs when it comes to these things unfortunately, but I love the Chevy Nova.

And yes, keeping the fam safe is the priority, that said, I plan on peeling out while the kids hold on to their ice cream cones for DEAR LIFE!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts