Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far I've had the best luck with Tops Auto Supply near Lincoln/Brookhurst in Anaheim and NAPA.

nevermind the major chain auto parts stores, where else can 1st Gen Nova parts be found?

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
it's all pretty much relative... ya buy it here and ya get shipping... ya buy it here ya may pay a couple pennies more for "this" but yer dealing direct with the source, so ta speak... you'll find a variance on all parts from one source to the next, some higher, some lower... ya never know who's got the best prices... until ya check 'em all.

in Huntington Beach is also Classic Industries. they're high and low too....

check originality forum, a sticky thread, the "Web-Link Library" there's lotsa links for lotsa suppliers...

hope i helped

·
Registered
450 Posts
Well, at least at Modern Performance you get parts from a guy who knows his stuff. And, that is worth something in the long run. I hate getting stuff that does not fit or is garbage then having to return it. Waste of time and money.
Today 04:35 AM
Ditto that. Rudy's prices are competitive. Be sure when comparing his prices that you are also looking at the same part. Rudy generally carries higher quality parts.

Good luck with your project,

Mark

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have an OLD OLD Modern Performance catalog at home. Do they still print a catalog?

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
my front spring eye bolts/cups were a couple bucks more than everywhere else... but i needed 'em quick. so i ordered 'em... funny thing... they had a Chevy2Only sticker on 'em...

how many actual manufacturers are there of our resto/repro parts ???

not a bag on any company, but prices vary and you'll get what they carry... whether THEY make the parts... or get 'em elsewhere and rebox...

·
Registered
450 Posts
I have an OLD OLD Modern Performance catalog at home. Do they still print a catalog?
Yes, He's got a new one. Since you're in Orange, just drop by and pick one up, they're free.

Where in Orange are you? (I'm in Orange too) What kind of first gen are you building?

Mark

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cage said:
Yes, He's got a new one. Since you're in Orange, just drop by and pick one up, they're free.

Where in Orange are you? (I'm in Orange too) What kind of first gen are you building?

Mark
I live sort of near Main/Chapman. I'm in the process of reviving a 62 400 series wagon for my wife, it'll be her daily driver. i bought it for her as a surprise last month and so far I've replaced the rear axle bearings/seals and did a tune up. once I replace the harmonic balancer, rebuild the carb and put some new tires on it should be running nice.

how about you?

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
I agree, knowledge of what you sell is definitley worth something, Rudy has over 40 years of it. Known him for close to 16 years, and he's helped me with both my novas. I find my way in there a couple times a week. He's usually got a good story. Can't get that at Classic.:D

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Blurr said:
I live sort of near Main/Chapman. I'm in the process of reviving a 62 400 series wagon for my wife, it'll be her daily driver. i bought it for her as a surprise last month and so far I've replaced the rear axle bearings/seals and did a tune up. once I replace the harmonic balancer, rebuild the carb and put some new tires on it should be running nice.

how about you?
You are right around the corner from Rudy. he's on Collins, just east of Main on the north side. I don't go any place else for my stuff, Rudy is a great guy.

·
Registered
450 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts