Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
to me that seems like a good price for a SS 4 speed. but they don't show a pic of the vin to show a 11837. as for the center cap on the horn, i'm thinking the SS model would have SS in the center cap. but i wouldn't kick that 67 nova out of my garage just for that.

·
13,693 Posts
If this car is everything it appears to be, the appraisal is low and so is the asking price. It's been repainted, including the firewall, in a color that probably isn't an original factory offering. Originally a factory a/c, but doesn't say this equipment goes with the car. It needs more than the brackets and compressor, like evaporator, dryer, condenser, etc. to be functional. Steering wheel hub looks to be Nova 400. After market gauges, which are cool enough that they should have been on these cars when new. I'd be asking for the VIN to substantiate that it's a factory V/8. Also the cowl tag info. Could be a good deal if everything adds up.

Bob

·
Registered
63 SS convertible 67 SS 4 spd
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IMG_4015.jpg IMG_4050.jpg IMG_4051.jpg

These are the additional pictures I got. No picture of the front stamp pad. Talked to the appraiser. He claims the car is as advertised. It all seems legit and I think I am the new owner.

·
13,693 Posts
Everything looks legitimate. K paint code is Emerald Turquoise, which could be the color it is now. The '2' after the paint code is black vinyl top, which obviously is gone. 2L is factory 4 speed. Hope you get it. Good buy.

Bob

·
Registered
924 Posts
If the body is solid, it’s a really good price compared to what I’ve been seeing.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Bob. I appreciate the input. I hope I do too. I have reached an agreement with him but until it's on the truck headed to my house.......

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
vic.... after all the comments it sounds like its a keeper at a good price. let us know it you get it.

·
13,693 Posts
Nice looking car. The only thing that really concerns me is that the VIN plate has been off the car and was re-attached with plain rivets.
Unfortunately, many people don't understand that taking a VIN plate off for any reason is against the law in most jurisdictions. It's not uncommon that they're removed during restoration, re-painting or damage repair, then put back on.
I suggest a check be done on this one to be sure that current registration/title documents match, even older documents if available. If the buyer is still uncertain, a check of the hidden VIN might be undertaken.

Bob

·
Registered
424 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
He never responded to me

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Unfortunately, many people don't understand that taking a VIN plate off for any reason is against the law in most jurisdictions. It's not uncommon that they're removed during restoration, re-painting or damage repair, then put back on.
I suggest a check be done on this one to be sure that current registration/title documents match, even older documents if available. If the buyer is still uncertain, a check of the hidden VIN might be undertaken.

Bob
I was uncertain about the rivets on the VIN tag but couldn't be sure. That's why I came to the experts. When I spoke with the appraiser he assured me that he verified the title and everything matches. Not sure what the 057 above the VIN number is about. 05C is the build date on the cowl tag however.

·
Registered
584 Posts
You can buy the correct rivets

·
Super Moderator
3,836 Posts
Like the car a lot. Nice purchase. Briefly looked at your post at 3:00 a.m., but didn't have the time to write and was out the door. It looks like somebody cared when they put it together, keeping the important original parts wherever possible. If the body is solid--and it looks it--very nice buy, and a car to get excited about!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Stamp on vin is dealer inventory stamp

·
13,693 Posts
Not sure what the 057 above the VIN number is about. 05C is the build date on the cowl tag however.
According to 'Chevy By The Numbers' it's the dealer delivery date. 057 would be May 7th, which makes no sense given the car body was built 3rd week of May. You seldom see stamps in this area of the VIN.

Bob

1 - 20 of 24 Posts