Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20,113 Posts
Honestly I haven't used them and wouldn't won't to find out in my engine.

I have ran there carb(main body with no moving parts) and love them, they work, but it's the only thing other than like valve covers that I would run.

I have the Crane Gold race in mine and like the Harland Sharps also.

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
There are item that are ok and reasonable from ProForm, this is not one of them.

They are junk and will come apart.

At Work they refuse to sell them, we carry ProForm, but no rocker arms, to many come backs.

Al

·
Registered
373 Posts
I had bad luck with them. I broke two and took out two pushrods. The rocker broke at the base of the trunion. This made me even more curious about the part since I had a failure I checked out a brand new set and found that the roller tips on most of them were improperly machined and didn't align flat on the tip of the valve. I figured if I continued to run them I would either cause more carnage from broken parts under the valve cover or the increased side loading from the tip being machined incorrectly would cause premature valve guide wear. Comp, Crane, Crower all make good stuff. It's more money but worth not breaking stuff and having to redo work.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I have run GM self aligned rollers rockers (1.6 ratio) on two engines and never had a problem with them. One engine (ZZ4) had over 2600 passes down the drag strip without a failure. I think the GM ones are actually made by Crane.

·
Premium Member
7,761 Posts
I think Proform makes some of the finest Communist Chinese made performance products for your classic American muscle car.

Hopefully Vietnam and North Korea will start making cheap knock-off performance parts too so we can all save big money over those crappy American parts manufacturers with their overpaid workers.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I ran their electric water pump on my turbo Camaro on the street without any issues. Would buy one again without thinking twice.

·
Registered
180 Posts
when they come apart and they will, it will be a good time to rebuild. I would not put any proform part in any engine I build.

just tried to straiten out a set of heads for a guy that had the valve guides and rocker stud holes on different angles. rocker tips would not sit flat on the valve stems.

Listen to the above posts, harland sharp or another usa made rocker will last. scorpion, are cheaper and hold up nicely they also take some spring pressure.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts