Chevy Nova Forum banner

Opinions on car covers for my '70?

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  CEW 
#1 ·
The car has been home with a very nice new paint job for a couple of months now. Looks like this weekend is going to be in the sixties so I plan on getting it outside to wash the dust off of it. And since life is starting to get into the way of my time to finish it I am in the market for a good car cover to protect it in the garage. Does anyone have any suggestions or dislikes?

#2 ·
Most of the quality covers are the same. For the inside of a closed garage I'd look for something soft on the inside as well as material that breathes. And i would caution you about washing your car and then putting it away under the cover in the garage. Very good chance you will leave water in many nooks and grannies that you can't get to dry that will turn to rust over time.
California Car Cover makes a good product and if you are in the Los Angeles area once a year they have a huge parking lot sale where they blow out a lot of stuff including excellent car covers at great prices. I usual take advantage of it and pick up car covers etc for all my vehicles .

#4 ·
My Nova sleeps in a garage as well and I use the Jegs brand car cover for three years now. No complaints. Probably not the quality of high priced name brands but keeps the dust off in between drives. If you go this route buy the next size bigger cover than what they recommend.

#5 ·
just went thru this recently..I was torn because for one: I wanted a cover that would be snug on the car, kinda like a custom fit. Id seen some at a buddy's shop on a few cars and was very impressed with them. They were the California Car cover ones. They fit like a glove and came in black ..which is what I wanted, But also came in other colors. I did the research and looked them up and to my surprise or ignorance.. the prices were higher than what I expected. They wanted $430.99 for a stretch fit black customweave ( must be pretty nice...right ) for my 66 Nova with one mirror pocket. I didn't really want to spend that much, so I looked for discounts and found 10% off was the best I could find. Then I stumbled upon a site that offered the stretch fit ones and in black. Carcovers.com They also came with a money back guarantee. I read the reviews and the majority of them were good so I ordered one after looking up any discounts available and ended up paying $149 with free shipping. Showed up in about 5 days and Im very impressed. so much so I bought 2 more and
to me it was money well spent.

Ive always like the California Car Cover ( calcovers.com ) products ...good quality

but I ended up with Carcovers.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.