Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a guys selling some rebuilt l92 heads. He said that the motor he got
The heads from. A connecting rod broke and the piston smacked the valves. And Knicked On the deck. He said everything has been fixed. He Milled the heads .010, Ground and lapped in all valves, New valve seals, and Comes with Stock LY6 springs and Rockers/stands included. For $540 shipped.
What do you guys think.

http://m.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16809181#post16809181
I'm planning on putting them on a lq4 6.0 build

·
Registered
230 Posts
They are great heads. Sames exact head as the ls3 head minus the hollow stem valves. I do know that if ur using it on a ly6, lq4,or lq9 block with either ls3 or l92 heads u need to be aware of after market cam sizes bc if the tight ptv.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Im looking for a set for my 6.0

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 6.0 lq4. Im planning on using the l92 heads and a ls3 intake. I don't know what cam to get yet. I would love to get between 450-500 rwhp.
I was just wondering if those heads were worth the $500

·
Registered
310 Posts
I bought a set of new LS3 heads from a guy on "Corvette Forum". I think I paid $700- $750? for a pair.

With L92 or LS3 heads you are going to have to put in better springs if you are running much of a cam. $500 for the rebilt heads is good if he has better than stock springs included.

They were new. He had some used sets for $600?

I will look for his details.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the info guys. I ended up getting them for 525 shipped. The guy said that their ready to be installed and that I wouldn't disappointed.
I hope I'm not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts