Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
you mean, other than, hacking off all your neighbors, attracting every cop for a 50 block radius, getting looks from every person at every stop light and stop sign in town???.... No, no problem.... Not if you tune it right:D....

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
before I put on my exhaust....I set off the next door neighbor's car alarm...Damn he'd get pi$$'d

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
you mean, other than, hacking off all your neighbors, attracting ever cop for a 50 block radius, getting looks from every person at every stop light and stop sign in town???.... No, no problem.... Not if you tune it right:D....
Well put!!:D

When I saw a not so neighborly crew eyeballing a piece of property close-by, I ran out and flipped the switch, pushed the button and let it run for a few minutes.:yes::devil::wow::slap::rotfl::rotfl:

It worked.... I haven't seen them since...

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha well i dont think it would be to loud on my engine nothing fancy to make to much noise just a mild cam thats about it :yes: the guy down my street has one of them old chevy trucks and he has open headers and dam do they sound nice, i hear him start her up everyday :yes: and im a few houses down the street :devil:

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The fuzz is going to loooove giving you tickets! :rolleyes:

Just wait until they find some other BS ticket to give to on top of the noise violation.
do you think it would be that loud? my engine is mostly stock gotta put a new cam in soon but do you think thats gonna make lots of noise? the guy down my street that runs open headers his is not that loud its loud but a nice crisp loud i not loud enough to get pulled over for

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All the open headers I've heard are pretty damn loud. Are you sure your neighbor has true open? I'm almost certain you will get ticket on the first joy ride.
i think he dose cause i saw in his driveway theres an exhaust pipe with a muffler that was taken off and his is pretty dam loud that i can hear it from half way down the street

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Um... yeah... you WILL get pulled over. It is only a matter of time.

I don't know what load of BS your neighbor is feeding you, but open headers with no muffler on the road = illegal in most states. Especially in panty-waste law states like Cali. :devil:

Even stock is loud with no exhaust... been there, done that.
dam just at this point i dont wanna spend a load of money on the pipes and crap so i was thinking of open headers for now save me some money but if its gonna be a ticket problem then dam idk :(

·
Premium Member
3,563 Posts
If you want to be super ghetto, you could slap some Purple Hornies on there. They bolt straight to the header flange. It will quiet down enough for street use...

They run about $26/each from Amazon... free shipping... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002M9PB6

Not exactly what I'd do... but meh, to each his own... :rolleyes:

With a turn-down, they run about $42... http://www.amazon.com/Flowtech-50231FLT-Hornies-Turnout-Muffler/dp/B0002M9PBG/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_k2a_1_img?pf_rd_p=304485601&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-2&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0002M9PB6&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=08BE2B82DR0VX66E8FJ1

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Get some Bullets. They're like $35 each. All the noise you'll ever need
ya i was gonna go with some x pipes with some flowmasters but never heard the Bullets my only problem is having them installed and the cost and all. i gotta call up some shops to see what they say but in the mean time im gonna have to run open headers cause i dont got the pipes or anything yet

·
Premium Member
2,333 Posts
Just don't waste money on the flowmasters every shop sells. They cost way too much for what they are. If you want to cut costs, buy your mufflers and collectors separately from Summit or somewhere and just pay the shop to install them.

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just don't waste money on the flowmasters every shop sells. They cost way too much for what they are. If you want to cut costs, buy your mufflers and collectors separately from Summit or somewhere and just pay the shop to install them.
very true i was gonna do that instead of paying 80 bucks each for them..but now comes the sound factor, i love that nice rumble like this 72 in the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoH1-7sfg1A&feature=channel_page

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nothing like the sound of open header's. But as for running them on the street.............It would get old real fast
ya theres nothing like it but as for getting tired if it id think the same goes with the mufflers your gonna hear it no matter what but im just worried about getting in trouble for having them

1 - 20 of 72 Posts