Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you guys run open exhaust is it dumping straight out of the header or are you running a collector with a length of pipe and a turndown?

·
Registered
398 Posts
We run a collector and then connect to 3" summit glass pack. It quiets the noise but has very little restriction. It extends just past the Tranny cross member.

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
It all depends on the car and it's use. On the race car it's 5" collectors right out through the front fenders. To me when you say open exhaust, it means no tailpipes, turndowns etc.

·
Premium Member
8,050 Posts
I haven't saw any improvement with dropping mine off. That's even using the horriable Flowmasters.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Back when I had a 327 ci in the car and it was running 15.0's through full exhaust I cut it off and it went right to 14.60's. This was a 2" exhaust system but it still picked up.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I know their is a pefect amount of tubing after the collector that wiil give you the most hp but alot of r&d goes into it with little results,The best thing we have found is 3 in tube 2 ft after collector with any blow thru muff, glass packs work if your into that but run them backwards so the air going thru isnt
disrupted.
Also have seen guys poiinting their turn downs at each other to cancel out each side for noise but flow the same.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts