Chevy Nova Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Considering there is a show (Saturday Night Live) that mocks any POTUS on a regular basis, and that many late night shows make all kinds of jokes about them - I really don't see it as anything but humor....

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I really don't see it as anything but humor....
I agree--at least I think that's how it was intended. My first thought was the irony of the President in a rodeo setting. He would definitely be a "fish out of water", which I think was the point of the joke.

He seems to have a strong bias towards city living vice country living. I doubt he owns any Resistol brand clothing, nor has he ever sampled a pinch of Skoal.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Sounds like the crowd enjoyed it :yes:

Is it really "disrespectfull" to just poke fun at a public figure? I really didn't find anything inapropriate in the article I read.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think it sets the right example especially at a family type event, just not needed. :yes:

·
Premium Member
7,711 Posts
The performance definitely had a racist "edge" to it (that the redneck crowd ate right up). They could have easily cleaned the act up a little and it would have been totally-acceptable. Once you cross the line to making fun of anyone's racial physical attributes, you've gone too far. That's the difference between a Saturday Night Live parody of the president (and they have done quite a few on Obama too) and a racial slur that only a complete jackass would laugh at like this one.

It's no secret that the President is not popular with the rural MO crowd. It's also pretty-obvious that their dislike for him has more to do with his ethnicity than his actual job performance.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
It's no secret that the President is not popular with the rural MO crowd. It's also pretty-obvious that their dislike for him has more to do with his ethnicity than his actual job performance.
That must be why Missouri was won by Republican nominee John McCain by a 0.1% margin of victory. Such a huge margin simply must indicate racism:rolleyes:

I would submit that without racism Obama never would have had a chance in the election :no:

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
It's no secret that the President is not popular with the rural MO crowd.
He's not very popular with rural crowds in a number of midwestern areas. These are the same folks he described as being bitter and afraid back in April 2008.

Cmore is exactly right. What President (or politician) hasn't been poked fun at in speech, appearance, etc? Political caricatures with exaggerated ears, noses, hairlines, mouths, etc are nothing new.

·
Premium Member
5,539 Posts
He's not very popular with rural crowds in a number of midwestern areas. These are the same folks he described as being bitter and afraid back in April 2008.

Cmore is exactly right. What President (or politician) hasn't been poked fun at in speech, appearance, etc? Political caricatures with exaggerated ears, noses, hairlines, mouths, etc are nothing new.

Let me think about this...
What do all the characters (yes making fun of) have in common...
They are all white!
As a nation of white people we don't even recognize when we can't see our whiteness...

64PRONOVA comments are spot on! The parody went to far

Mark

·
Registered
613 Posts
while he was at it he should have had a mask of Pelosi, Reed, Biden and all the other clowns that are running this country...........

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
ok ok ok we need to get this thread locked ...

it started w/ a rodeo clown and now its getting a bit political ....

i have plenty to share but i dont wanta get banned .....

lets just lock this .... :eek:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.