Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
onequiknova - 1974 Nova

An updated pic after I shaved the turn signals from the stock grille.

Year: 74

Model: Nova

Engine: .030 400 SBC. forged Eagle crank and H beam rods, custom Venolia nitrous piston, ported 220 Pro Lightning heads, Custom Lunati 274/286 dur @ 50, 592/612 lift solid cam. Super Victor intake with a Holley 950 HP topping it off. Full MSD ignition. No dyno or track time yet.

Body/Exterior: Steel body except for fibergalss hood, HOK dark teal pearl with two sets of ghost flames.

Front End: Stock with Moroso springs, Lakewood adjustable shocks.

Transmission: Re-worked TCI TH350 with a too tight 10" converter.

Rear End: Ford 9" w/ 4:11 gears, Caltracs, Lakewood drag shocks

Exhaust: Flowmaster w/ dumps.

Wheels/Tires: Weld Pro stars, MT skinneys and 28x11.5 ET Streets.

Interior: restored, black bucket seat interior.

Electrical: hacked

Sound system: a healthy 406. Wouldn't be able to hear a stereo if it had one.

Additional Comments: Bought the car when I was 17 (30 now)and have done most of the work on it myself. When more funds are available I'd like to switch the flat tappet cam for a solid roller and put a cage in the car. Oh, and find a company who knows how to build a converter right the first time.

John.

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
Thats just too much BLUE for me! Just kiddin of course as you can see. I'm pretty sure I wish mine was as slick as your. It looks great.

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the compliments guys.
I got lucky with the flames. It was the second time I tried to paint them. (The first set I did was sanded off when we repainted the car to fix some chips and dings.) They definetely get alot of attention, but after looking at the first photo I posted where the flames aren't visable, I'm thinking of painting the car a solid color again.

John

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
Thanks for the compliments guys.
I got lucky with the flames. It was the second time I tried to paint them. (The first set I did was sanded off when we repainted the car to fix some chips and dings.) They definetely get alot of attention, but after looking at the first photo I posted where the flames aren't visable, I'm thinking of painting the car a solid color again.

John
Say! I'll take those flames if your gonna get rid of them. Just shoot me a price along with shipping cost.
Lance:D

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Sweet ride! Course I'm partial to the 74s since I own one! :)

Scott

·
Premium Member
1963 Chevy II wagon 400
11,864 Posts
I saw this on the home page, sweeeeet !!!!!!
I love the 2-tone ghost flames !!!
Aloha, Ric

1 - 20 of 25 Posts