Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a really cool experience today that I just have to share. I am a new member but have been a nova fan for over twenty years. Today I left Lillooet en route to Hope. Weather was good so I figured I better take the 71 that I just finished cleaning up the engine bay on. This was my first run this year I figured an easy 2 hr drive each way. I get to Hope and felt a little shimmy coming from the rear so I figured maybe a wheel balance was in order, off to the local tire shop. (Not sure if I should name drop here or not but I believe there is only one in Hope) When I get there I shut off the car and go inside and arranged to get some balancing done but the car wouldn't start when I went to leave.

The manager yelled out for Todd to "get that guy going out there his car needs a boost." Enter Todd, who I would soon learn and meet as "Littledeuce2". He quickly gets out the booster box and some tools and within seconds we found the alternator had gone on strike somewhere along my 2 hr drive. "Just wait here a second...." Todd says, and about a minute later he appears with an alternator in his hands and says "try this one, its a spare I have" Well it works great and I asked how much? "Don't worry about it just Nova people helping Nova people" Not only that he also quickly set up my carb!

What a guy! What are the chances that this string of events would unfold??? At any rate I made it home with no further issues, Thanks a million Todd and thanks to the Blue and Orange tire shop in Hope, Awesome day.

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
yup our buddy todd is a great guy and really does understand NPHNP(nova people helping nova people)!!
it's ok to name "KAL-TIRE" here in this context.it's only vendorbashing that's not permitted,but obviously you were very happy with them and they deserve the positive recognition.
thanks for the story.
leftcoast carl.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Good on ya Todd ! That was a nice gesture ... I hope you get it back 10 fold !!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Great to hear that. Well Done Todd :cool:

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Thanks Brad! It felt good to work on a Nova as I havent even had the time to wrench on my own. Although i did very little. NICE CAR BTW!!!! My head was so wrapped up in a MAJOR suspension job on an 01 F350, that it was a nice break! I'm glad you made it home alright, the doors always open here in Hope no matter who you are.

Take it easy, Todd

·
Registered
996 Posts
NPHNP, that is the reason i like this site as much as i do.
glad to hear you got the nova fixed and glad to see you found the site.

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Nice to know we have an ally in Hope. Well done Todd.
No doubt, I may have to take a drive out there, have some carb trouble :devil: and oh, any chance of mounting a set of MT ET's I happen to have in the trunk, and gee while on the hoist if you could weld my frame connectors and install my driveshaft loop that would be sweet :yes:

I promise the gratitude ride will be well worth it.

LOL, kidding. you are a top shelf guy Todd. I think you may have secured a dedicated cruise Silver Creek a.k.a. MAXIMUM NOVA/ACADIAN CRUISE participant with 71Blue396 on June 14th.

71Blue396 - if you have not seen this be sure to have a look - http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120995

If you need a place to stay let me know. Save you the 3.5 hr trip each way back to lillyput in one day.
Wolfen, same as last time. Offer stilll stands on a place to stay

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
No doubt, I may have to take a drive out there, have some carb trouble :devil: and oh, any chance of mounting a set of MT ET's I happen to have in the trunk, and gee while on the hoist if you could weld my frame connectors and install my driveshaft loop that would be sweet :yes:

I promise the gratitude ride will be well worth it.

LOL, kidding. you are a top shelf guy Todd. I think you may have secured a dedicated cruise Silver Creek a.k.a. MAXIMUM NOVA/ACADIAN CRUISE participant with 71Blue396 on June 14th.

71Blue396 - if you have not seen this be sure to have a look - http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120995

If you need a place to stay let me know. Save you the 3.5 hr trip each way back to lillyput in one day.
Wolfen, same as last time. Offer stilll stands on a place to stay

Thanks Steelrat ...It' very generous of you to offer.:) We have family to stay with down there and once we find out the exact route and stops, we will decide which ones to bunk with and where we will join up for the cruise.

Also a shout out to Todd as well for "REPRESENTING" in the true spirit of this site:)

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Thanks Brad! It felt good to work on a Nova as I havent even had the time to wrench on my own. Although i did very little. NICE CAR BTW!!!! My head was so wrapped up in a MAJOR suspension job on an 01 F350, that it was a nice break! I'm glad you made it home alright, the doors always open here in Hope no matter who you are.

Take it easy, Todd
Awsome thing to do Todd!!Your a cool guy!!!bm

1 - 13 of 13 Posts