Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like to run 7.35 x 14" Stock wheels for the Original look with Dog Dish Caps and I also like to change the look and mount the 235 X15" Rallye Wheels on the front and the 245X 15 on the rear .
I am ready to change my power drums to power disc brakes on the front, however I do not want to use drop spindles . If I go to front disc brake kit ...can I still run the 7.35 X 14's ? Or will it necessitate using only the 15 wheels.:confused:

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
There are 14 inch disk brake wheels that will clear. You have to be careful about which rims you get. Disk brake Novas used 14 inch wheels fromt the factory, but they were different from the drum brake wheels.

·
Registered
329 Posts
There are 14 inch disk brake wheels that will clear. You have to be careful about which rims you get. Disk brake Novas used 14 inch wheels fromt the factory, but they were different from the drum brake wheels.
Yes but 14x5 drum brakes will work, I know, because they are on my Nova right now

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the insight .. I will just have to install the kit and take my chances with the 14' stock wheels that came with the car . Jaz I still have your step by step instructions ..I will put them to use here real quick !

Thanks again Guys !:notworthy:

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
If you know anyone with a 2nd gen Camaro you can try the 14 inch wheels on them first. Most 14X7 fit with discs, that's what I run and they're actually from a 74 Camaro.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts