Chevy Nova Forum banner

One car that saddens me will go

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  GerryLP 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have fallen victim to posting a sale of a Nova....

So here is the add. This car has made me grin everytime I drive it.

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/3853296967.html

Pretty much, it is all true that has been posted in the add. Except the all leather seats. That car has original numbers matching interior. You heard me right. The bucket seats in custom finish are in code iaw the cowl tag. The leak is true. I helped him fix the heater. We put a new set of seals and hew heat exchanger. The floor rust is true. But the rust is limited to the joint between floor and firewall (that portion at 45 degree angle). I will try to post a pic of his car's cowl tag.

I feel I failed to coach this young man about Novas. In hind sight, I now know I should have acted as a much older brother, and slapped him around for not taking on the enthusiast interest in learning about his car. I didn't think there was anything wrong with the engine the car came with. But he sent it to a shop, and although the current engine is very hot, the early engine was hot as well.

It has a 4 speed manual transmission!!!!! And the console is the basic short console. This is a true SS in Placer Gold.

If you like, send me a PM and I can tell you about it or I can share his phone number and you can speak with him.

GerryLP

See less See more
#5 ·
Bruce,

It is a military kid that works in the same shop I work. I still remember when he took delivery of his car.

Here is a year and half old picture of the water damage on his passenger side floor.

Picture of car when I helped him fix the heater core (replaced) leak.

GerryLP:cool:

#10 ·
I am pissed!

The car is gone! The kid traded it to a dealership!!!! For a 2012 Challenger RT :eek: :eek:

And I feel bad for my Nova brothers and sisters, who could have gotten themselves a numbers matching rare L48.

Sorry folks, you were too slow.

#13 ·
Nova

I've bought a few sight unseen and have always been pleased. If you know which areas to ask for high resolution close up pictures of and possibly have someone else check it out for you, it usually works out well. If the owner is not willing to get in those nook and crannies to take the close up pictures I pass. That being said was the trade for the new Challenger R/T straight across? I would have done it in a heartbeat as well.

#14 ·
I've bought a few sight unseen and have always been pleased. If you know which areas to ask for high resolution close up pictures of and possibly have someone else check it out for you, it usually works out well. If the owner is not willing to get in those nook and crannies to take the close up pictures I pass. That being said was the trade for the new Challenger R/T straight across? I would have done it in a heartbeat as well.
It was more like purchasing a Nova blindly. Paid $18K for it to Volo ( http://www.volocars.com/index.php#sthash.1UH4NHA0.dpbs ). I am not referring about a project purchase guys.

not straight across...

Folks, I know that to many folks, the rare car is a COPO Nova, or a 1970 396 3rd Gen, or a third row seat wagon, or an L79, but this car talked the talk and walked the walk.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.