Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
they have a gear jammers race a few times a year.

I thought this video was great!

·
Registered
906 Posts
thats my kind of drag raceing.no auto trans,drive it like you stole it,speed shift car got to love it,needs some baffles in the fuel bowls and a tube from the fuel bowls tieing them together with a slit in the hose,raised up tied to the air cleaner stud
don

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
That is excellent :cool:

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
Cool, really enjoyed that, thanks Al.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
what was his time?

and that gets my heart pounding, no joke. i think about how it's gonna be when i'm able to launch like that. the car is just about back together, just need to take the time and get it there. i'm excited

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
what was his time?

and that gets my heart pounding, no joke. i think about how it's gonna be when i'm able to launch like that. the car is just about back together, just need to take the time and get it there. i'm excited
i was waiting for you to post you had asked about what your car would do with the new parts installed ........ yelp there you go, maybe take yours to 4500 and let it go just remember to pedel the car when you see sky

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Gotta love them V-gate shifters. I'd install mine if I could find a set of decently priced factory buckets. Man, that gets your heart going just watching it, especially if you've felt it personally before:devil:

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
had to watch it again cause i thaught they were pants until i stared a little longer and yes you guys are right the are nicely fitted :yes: :devil:

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
i was waiting for you to post you had asked about what your car would do with the new parts installed ........ yelp there you go, maybe take yours to 4500 and let it go just remember to pedel the car when you see sky
by pedal you mean keep in it? because it might be like a drug at that point. everyone i talk to says to leave more like 6000, or a few hundred rpm above max torque.

so did anyone ever establish how quick that car is?

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
by pedal you mean keep in it? because it might be like a drug at that point. everyone i talk to says to leave more like 6000, or a few hundred rpm above max torque.

yeah i was going to say 5000 but i didnt know how you would react to that looks like i shouldve posted that instead: im guessing that guy went 5 something i tried to count it out in my head :no:

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Nice video. I especially like how the Chevy in front of him pulled the front end in first, and then second gear.

I'd leave at 6000-6500, against the chip. If the front end climbs too high, keep your foot in it, and pull second gear!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I could watch those videos all day long.

Not to hijack but did you watch the video below it titled Biggest Sickest Wheelstand? WOW That was a driving job. It was almost as good as Danny Blacks wheelstand.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
just remember to pedel the car when you see sky
Do NOT pedal a "slower" motor car because it will slam down hard!

If the front end climbs too high, keep your foot in it, and pull second gear!
Exactly...Easier said then done, but I've done it a few times and luckily my first reaction was to shift and not lift:D

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Exactly...Easier said then done, but I've done it a few times and luckily my first reaction was to shift and not lift:D

Shifting a stick is a hole differant animal than a Automatic!

No automatic will leave like a stick!

Al

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
it will definitely be difficult to pull the next gear if the front end is in the air. but somehow i think i'll be able to. there's sure to be a post on it as soon as i'm back from the track the first time out

·
Registered
190 Posts
it will definitely be difficult to pull the next gear if the front end is in the air. but somehow i think i'll be able to. there's sure to be a post on it as soon as i'm back from the track the first time out
When you heading to the track Aron? I'm installing my 8.5" 10 bolt this weekend along with Caltracs & split mono's. I hope to hit Irwindale before Fontana on the 2nd.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts