Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i put all new frontend parts on my wagon and i want to get the alignment somewhat close before i take it to the alignment shop.
my question is should the wheelbase be set right at 110" center of hub-center or hub?right now the passanger is at 110 1/8" on driver is at 110 1/4".
would it hurt anything if i moved the front wheels back alittle more,say,to 109 3/4"?
right now my front tires rub alittle on the front part of the wheel opening.

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
i put all new frontend parts on my wagon and i want to get the alignment somewhat close before i take it to the alignment shop.
my question is should the wheelbase be set right at 110" center of hub-center or hub?right now the passanger is at 110 1/8" on driver is at 110 1/4".
would it hurt anything if i moved the front wheels back alittle more,say,to 109 3/4"?
right now my front tires rub alittle on the front part of the wheel opening.
The front wheel rubbing on the opening is common. You can decrease caster (and decrease wheelbase) as you mentioned to resolve the issue, but you still need a proper alignment. If you move the wheels too far rearward your caster may be out of spec. Dont stress about a small difference (1/8") in your wheelbase as it wont have any affects.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts