Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Oooooh, I hate drive by wire. I have an newer acura tl and a brand new toyota sequoia that both have wire throttles. They are always pissing me off. Usually on slight throttle changes. Say Im traveling at a steady speed, then tip the throttle slightly, no real response. Get into the throttle more, a lil more juice but not linear to my movements. So I dig in even more and crap, now she wants to respond, in a big way.

Or another one is coming off the throttle quick, say for a 90* turn then back into it trying to keep a constant speed out of the turn. And no, not fast driving, just regular stuff, you know smooth driving on the steet. Well coming out of the turn I have to try and find the throttle position where its gonna grab, gingerly creep up to it. Not like a mechanical connection where I would be creeping up on the throttle just before the turn is done and it connects seamlessly.

Seems like Im always hunting for the position of the throttle where the computer thinks it should be. Love both cars but hate the drive by wire. JR

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oooooh, I hate drive by wire. I have an newer acura tl and a brand new toyota sequoia that both have wire throttles. They are always pissing me off. Usually on slight throttle changes. Say Im traveling at a steady speed, then tip the throttle slightly, no real response. Get into the throttle more, a lil more juice but not linear to my movements. So I dig in even more and crap, now she wants to respond, in a big way.

Or another one is coming off the throttle quick, say for a 90* turn then back into it trying to keep a constant speed out of the turn. And no, not fast driving, just regular stuff, you know smooth driving on the steet. Well coming out of the turn I have to try and find the throttle position where its gonna grab, gingerly creep up to it. Not like a mechanical connection where I would be creeping up on the throttle just before the turn is done and it connects seamlessly.

Seems like Im always hunting for the position of the throttle where the computer thinks it should be. Love both cars but hate the drive by wire. JR

so ive ehard, this question is for a friend by the way..i would never even consider this

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
X3 on the drive by wire being crap. The 2009 2500HD GMC we have at work has it and what a pain it is at times. tip in responce is horriable and when you need to move just slightly for a trailer hook up or to creep forward in traffice it is horriable.

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
my wife's car is an acura tsx with a 6 speed manual tranny.i've driven it smoothly and aggressively and never noticed any lag or jerking entering or exiting a corner. are you guys talking about cars equipped with automatic transmissions?
sorry for the hijack,but you've got me curious now.
leftcoast carl.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
are these available for a carburetor? or for LS1 LT1 stlye fuel injection only?
To answer your question; no, they aren't available for a carburetor. Computerized fuel injection only.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
my wife's car is an acura tsx with a 6 speed manual tranny.i've driven it smoothly and aggressively and never noticed any lag or jerking entering or exiting a corner. are you guys talking about cars equipped with automatic transmissions?
sorry for the hijack,but you've got me curious now.
leftcoast carl.
Good point!! Yes, both my cars are auto... JR

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
Any good tuner can tune out the response issues with the DBW.....just ask the Vette guys that have been running them for years.

Jack

1 - 11 of 11 Posts