Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked her up late last night and am on the road back wiht her from NY city to IOWA. We had to update her water pump 50 miles in. She is a 66 Nova wagon 100 series(true black car with all original red interior) My plans are 18-7 20-10, air ride,ls with auto(maybe a stick???) and the twin turbo treatment. We are headed to time square with her today and of to the midwest with a friendly stop in CHi town on Sat. SO if you spy her on the highway,gravels roads,or ditch(I hope not) She is in the hands of a steves member.:D:D I will post pics of our drive(we are just practicing up for the power tour):yes::yes:

·
Vendor
4,056 Posts
What route will you be taking thru Ohio? It would be cool if you could stop at the Auto show in Cleveland and I could check it out. Also you could check out our steering set up and see if your nice headers will work in unisen with them. The show is right by the cleveland airport. Give me a call 330-442-7162

·
Vendor
4,056 Posts
I just check Map Quest and you should be traveling the Ohio turnpike which will put you less than 5 mi. away from the I-X center, this is where the show is at (INDOOR) the town is actually Berea.

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
I'm right off of exit 187 on the Ohio Turnpike and should be around the weekend. PM me and I'll give you my info.
Sounds like a fun trip.

Jim

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pics of our journey

We made it to about a 100 miles short of toledo first day. We are on a mission to get to Chicago to get parts picked up(for the wagon). I appreciate the invites but my buddy has to work on mon so we have to keep on the road

Snow right out of the gate.

Side show

Nyc at 75mph

sunset in pen

Penn state line

Off to Chi town for the night Watch Out!!!!!!!!!!:D:D

·
Premium Member
6,852 Posts
Lemme know if you end up anywhere in the west burbs 355ish.

·
Registered
242 Posts

with the COOL stuff you guys build you wont be needing those hubcaps
let get the first crack at them if you decide not to use them...
be safe ya'all
craig

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just in Chicago 28 mpg

Just got in valeted the car and you should of seen the faces. Priceless!?!?!?? Here are a couple shots we took today.

Indiana roads

Old barn beside the road

Entering Chicago land :D:D

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
We made it to about a 100 miles short of toledo first day. We are on a mission to get to Chicago to get parts picked up(for the wagon). I appreciate the invites but my buddy has to work on mon so we have to keep on the road

Snow right out of the gate.

D:D
100 miles East of Toledo put you in my backyard-That bridge over highway pic looks like the scenic bridge over the Ohio Turnpike between Route 8 (Exit 180) and Route 21 (Exit 173) just East of the Cuyahoga River Valley- Not very far from my house.
Hope you have a safe trip
back and the old wagon lives up to everyones expectations !!!!!!!!

Jim

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
THANKS FOR THE PICS !I WOULD OF LOVED TO SEE THE VALET !V THATS IS WHAT OLD CARS ARE ALL ABOUT MEMORIES ! HAVE A GREAT TRIP . :yes::turn::turn:

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Valet in the big city(down town West Inn)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

So here is Juan and poblo trying to figure the old girl out

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Valet

And yes they are laughing like little girls, I cant wait to see them bring it to me at the front door today!!!!!!!!!!:devil:

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
east coast trip

Home safe and safe getting 25-28 mpg. Took about 18hrs solid driving time. Look forward to air bags and 20ins wheels. THen comes the ls transplant:yes::yes::yes::yes:

·
Super Moderator
67 4 door, 65 wagon (in pieces)
6,636 Posts
Home safe and safe getting 25-28 mpg.
Chad, what's it got in it that it gets that mileage?

I'm waiting until our snow's gone to swap in a 2004R to improve the 12-14 mpg I get with the powerglide (and my heavy foot :eek:)

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
mpg

car got between 24-26 mpg on the Hwy at 72mph on the gps. :yes::yes::yes:

·
Registered
242 Posts

glad you guys made it ok...
i love roadtrips on old cars the looks you get from people are priceless...
well i know those hubcaps wont fit 20's:D
you are very sleepy ... send the hubcaps to meeeeeeeeee
craig

1 - 20 of 20 Posts