Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the TCI frt. clip installed on my 63 and I am putting the sway bar on now. At least I'm trying to. I think they may have given me the wrong sway bar. It mounts up ok to the crossmember, but the two heim joints on each end of the sway bar don't even come close to being able to mount to the lower control arm. Does any one have any pictures of the sway bar hook up on a TCI frt. end? I have sent two emails to TCI with no response from them.
I'd appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks in advance. I should have gone with the Chris Alston set up. Oh well.....

Tony

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Tony
Are you running the 5/8" narrower control arms? If so, is it possible they did not send you a narrower sway bar? Mine fit fine with no problems.
Tg

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tom

I do have the 5/8 shorter control arms. When I try to bolt up the bar, the heim joints are at a big time angle. I measured the bar and it is 40" from end to end. Like you said, I think that they sent me the wrong one. I just talked to Tim, and he is going to let me know. He thinks they may have given me the wrong one also. Thanks for your insite Tom. I really appreciate it!!! And as everyone knows, Tim (ibuildm) is the man! Thanks Tim

Tony

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just talked to ibuildm and he told me that he talked to TCI. They told him that the bar is the same for standard or 5/8. They told him that I will have to cut 5/8" off of each end. I told Tom that I was going to make sure that I had enough threads on each end before I cut them. I thought that the TCI frt. clip was bolt on. No cutting or welding. Hmmmmmmm. Thanks again Tom.

Thanks to youTim. I really appreciate your help.

Tony

·
Vendor
1,225 Posts
TCI should have sent you the 37 5/8" bar. They use the same bar to make the standard lenght and the narrow length. They told me the threads are deep enough to cut 5/8" off each end to make it the correct length. They normally would cut it to the correct length before sending it out with the Nova IFS unit. It is easier to just cut it off than send it back so they can do the same thing.
Tim

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
We had the same problem with a customer car 1 1/2 years ago. I'd forgotten about it. Sounds like TCI at least knows what to tell the customer now, they sure didn't in early '05. We cut the bar, but also drilled and rethreaded it. We only had 4 threads available after the cut, that made me a little anxious.

Rich

1 - 10 of 10 Posts