Premium Member
1,598 Posts
Greetings,

Yep..poor rough job all around..but it's worth $100..LOL

Jason

·
Registered
535 Posts
I would like to know what "dream of a reserve" is on the car. Looks like way too much work. I am surprised the auction did not state L-79!:D

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
it has "rust issues"
thats an understatement...its amazing that pillar by the windshield still holds the glass in....

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Looks like everything of value has been stripped off of it.Except the vin plate.
How much you want to bet the "12 bolt with the missing 3rd member" is from a Camaro / Firebird? Notice the wheel spacing?

I'll go along with trip-I-jax,,,,,,,,with a little imagination this could be one of the '67 L-79's:eek:

:)

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Look how the rear tire sticks out on the drivers side of that wreck (about a 1 ½) and on the passenger side it is in the wheel well (barley but its in).

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
That pillar piece is NOT going to be easy to fix. I bet some of us have restored cars that were just as rough as that one though...

Kev

·
Registered
847 Posts
Bucksatan said:
60's steel is valuable nowadays. Hell, the chinese are buying every bit of scrap they can lay their hands on.
i dont understand that... is that like some sort of stereotype or something?
why would the chinise buy 60s cars?
Honestly though, what does it mean?

·
Premium Member
3,366 Posts
The chinese are buying up alot of our recyclables and what not. They are one of the reasons that the price of steel has soared over the last several years.

1. Increased Domestic Demand. “Domestic demand has been increasing over the past year, and the steel industry hasn’t been building adequate inventories to prepare for this demand,” adds Mazur.

2. Increased Worldwide Demand. China, in particular, currently has a “voraciousness for the importation of raw materials,” says Cynde Vidas, general manager, sheet product sales at Weirton Steel.

Jimmy

·
Registered
847 Posts
nova65ss said:
The chinese are buying up alot of our recyclables and what not. They are one of the reasons that the price of steel has soared over the last several years.

1. Increased Domestic Demand. “Domestic demand has been increasing over the past year, and the steel industry hasn’t been building adequate inventories to prepare for this demand,” adds Mazur.

2. Increased Worldwide Demand. China, in particular, currently has a “voraciousness for the importation of raw materials,” says Cynde Vidas, general manager, sheet product sales at Weirton Steel.

Jimmy
AH! thank you for the insight! I would have never thought that- sooo don't trust commies?

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
Can you believe that POS sold for $1700.00 with buy it now. I think some must have had to much :beer: :beer: :beer::eek:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts