Chevy Nova Forum banner

101 - 120 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,864 Posts
Hey Karl .. ……………………………….

looks to be a 'solid body' Omega . Got her all un-dressed , Keep going (will look good - - - to go
back on that 'cool - clean - sub frame you have ) .

later , jim

Reactions: exotec

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
got mail from Jerry Woodland - Woodlandsports

pistons, rings and seals are supposed to be delivered next week - than the Pontiac ohc6 rebuild may begin!

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Starting off with a fairly nice solid foundation ( esp with having a vinyl top ) . Nice assortment of part(s) being restored and stored during the process . Keep the foto(s) coming . Along with the background scenery =)

·
Registered
285 Posts
The level of craftsmanship on the interior is amazing; I’m not sure you could get something comparable done in the US at any cost. As an example, we have older buildings in the US with impressive stone work on the exterior, but that skill has basically disappeared.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Was posted yesterday on the OCA Facebook page. This is how my olds looked also when it was new and hopefully will once look again.

he just bought it 2 days ago with orig 25k on it 😍😍

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
The disc brakes for the front should come on Monday - I will now used the Right Stuff Conversion Kits for 14 in. Wheels for the orig Drum Brake Spindle

Then I'll screw the front frame together including the steering linkage. It's great that almost every screws are available newly.

Next week also all parts for the rear drum brakes should pop up. I will than paint the disc caliper, drum and carrier plate black with Por-15 Disc Caliper Paint.

Otherwise I'm still a little undecided about how to continue with the rear end!

The axles are worn at the bearing seat, so axles and bearings must definitely be replaced.
The bearing races from the Diff carrier bearings are also run rough -> so going also to replace these bearings.

Pinion and Ring still look very good (according to the service manual and 44k miles should not be an issue either) and Pinon bearing seam still moving good. To be honest, I don't trust myself to swap the Pinion bearings, nor to install the ring and thus another diff.

Will only change the 4 planetary gears from the Open-Diff, including the bolt.

Then the rear axle should run again without much adjustment or measuring work required.

One more final question: orig. Diff cover or ..?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
painted the parts from the Right Stuff disc brake kit for 14 inch. wheels the last days with POR-15 caliper paint and today finally got it installed! was a quite easy fast forward job.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Hey Karl . . . .

Looking really Good . . . . moving right along . . . .
and, stay Safe , buddy . . . .

later , jim

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
It's Looking Great. I also like the tire rack in the back ground , did you make it?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
unfortunately a shipment from warehouse C with the axles and bearings got lost on the way to my shop. Otherwise the complete chassis would already being rebuild.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
I agree . . . that is looking good ; plus , I saw on u'r ' OHC - "PY Froms " post ; that you have u'r
engine block - back - . . . . . that's looking good , too .

. . . . jim

101 - 120 of 157 Posts