Chevy Nova Forum banner

81 - 100 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,753 Posts
Hey Karl .........… man, that's cool that you have found that "sheet" .

Then, I'm right there with you - - - - a long time ago ; I took my 10 - SI alt apart and "shined - up" the case .
It worked out well . . . . . and, still running good. That was only because I had bought some "buffing pads & polish tubes" from Eastwood back in about 1999 . I was wanting to try and start to polish some 'airplane parts' ………… too get an idea of how that worked ; not too bad for a "Rookie" .

Keep posting . . . . . . . . we're still Looking . . . . . . . jim

Reactions: exotec

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
maybe a bit too early compared to the status of the rest of the car, but Slavko, my mate from the upholstery shop has same time and started with the work on the bench seats!

the additional wire will/shall improve the stability

both seats will get more lateral guidance
front bench seat:

rear bench seat:

He is doing a lot of jobs for vintage Porsches and therefor he has access to original Porsche fabrics. So we decided to use Porsche Pepita for the middle section and black leatherette for the rest - will almost look like new from Willow Run delivered :D

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Nice progress Karl.. Are you going to be polishing a lot of the engine parts?
the valve/cam cover will be polished as well, and if I find somewhere a 1966 Pontiac Tempest air cleaner - than the cleaner as well. Rest will be black and the engine itself Oldsmobile Gold

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
as all mounting points were broken, I will fabricate a new part for my dash bezel myself with fiberglas. Gauges will be most likely the 1967 series from New Vintage USA as the use the same font and red pointer as the original gauges.
between I'll add a 3.5" TFT display with wifi mirroring to display navigation and music - with is playing over bluetooth and the old AM radio - from android and ios devices.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
my mate finished the backrest of the rear bench seat - this is just awesome!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Wow this is awesome!!!! I love everything that is different than factory. This pepita fabric is very nice. I was hesitating between this kind of fabric and tartan but finally went tartan. Very nice job, and sharp straight stiching. Thumbs up!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Started to rebuild three on the tree 😁
bearings, switches and levers must be replaced
now of to sand plasting and powder coating

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
front bench seat ready, headrests are missing, will be done next week :D

I love how the backside is made!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
picked-up the most parts from the upholstery shop - gorgeous work! he has a real love on details!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Door panels are at the upholstery shop!

to make the body movable again, my Omega got a new wooden chassis 😂🤣

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I think it's going to be a bumpy ride watch out for speed bump and pot holes LOL.

·
Registered
253 Posts
63 bomb did a complete rebuild on a OHC Pontiac like yours. The Olds Omega and Pontiac Ventura both were unique cars, a nice change from the more common Novas.

81 - 100 of 140 Posts