Chevy Nova Forum banner
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 · (Edited)
Hey Guys, it's been a few years since I've posted. I hope everyone is doing well! The good news is I still have my Nova. The bad news is it's still not done. Job changes, moves, global pandemics, life in general have kept me from making the progress I thought I would have made by now. Since my last post I finished installing the motor, transmission, and Vintage Air. The wiring is getting close to being finished, outside of a few items I was struggling to figure out (mainly integrating new with old). My buddy donated a really nice set of Recaro buckets he had sitting in his garage. All of the Hushmat is installed. As of today the car is back down at Best of Show Coachworks getting some much needed love. I'm hoping to finally take it for a spin around the block before the end of summer. Cheers!

·
Registered
110 Posts
damn its been a while didn't realize I was reading from years ago when you started. You did some cool stuff now get it done

·
Registered
20 Posts
That thing looks awesome! My Dad and Daughter and I are currently working on a 1972 Nova. Long ways from where yours is at. Keep on trucking!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
That thing looks awesome! My Dad and Daughter and I are currently working on a 1972 Nova. Long ways from where yours is at. Keep on trucking!
Thanks Benny! Best of Show has made a bunch of progress over the last 3 weeks. I'm hoping to have some updated pictures up soon. Awesome you've got a 72 in the works with your dad and daughter. I checked out your build thread and it looks like it's a really solid platform to start with. I'll be following your thread for progress updates.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks Benny! Best of Show has made a bunch of progress over the last 3 weeks. I'm hoping to have some updated pictures up soon. Awesome you've got a 72 in the works with your dad and daughter. I checked out your build thread and it looks like it's a really solid platform to start with. I'll be following your thread for progress updates.
Thanks bud! Looking forward to your updated progress as well! Mine will be slower going as I have multiple irons in the fire. I'm learning as I go and dad is headed home(VA) this weekend. I will be relying on my Dads childhood buddy to teach me how to work on the bodywork. The Nova I picked up was a solid start for sure!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
It's getting close. The guys over at Best of Show are buttoning up the last of the wiring, A/C, dash, and are getting the front sheet metal back on the car. Gaps are looking good and lining up nicely.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 · (Edited)
This was somewhat of a last-minute decision, but I decided to go air ride. I figured I would eventually want to get rid of the leaf springs anyway, so why not do it now while it's in the shop.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
The air ride is almost finished. BOS has a little clean up work to do, and will be getting the auto-leveling dialed in in a few days. I can't wait to see it off of the go jacks.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Very nice build. What are you using for LED headlights?
Thank you acd65post! I went with a United Pacific standard headlight, with an LED halo ring. Alot of the LED headlights I looked at were either way too expensive, or looked like they belonged in an import tuner. I went with something that had a good balance of new, but somewhat classic looking.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts