Chevy Nova Forum banner
21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Base coat going on. It was really cool to see the car finally starting to take shape. Half of me wanted to leave it in satin. It looked so angry that way. :devil:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
Progress has been a little slow this month, but I finally got the front end apart and a bunch of stuff (subframe, core support, spindles, bumper brackets, steering linkage) off and sent over to the powder coater. He did a really nice job, was very reasonable, and got everything back to me inside of a week. I'm hoping to get the subframe back on this weekend. Got a couple of new toys from Mark at SC&C, and Summit last week too. :yes:

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Progress has been a little slow this month, but I finally got the front end apart and a bunch of stuff (subframe, core support, spindles, bumper brackets, steering linkage) off and sent over to the powder coater. He did a really nice job, was very reasonable, and got everything back to me inside of a week. I'm hoping to get the subframe back on this weekend. Got a couple of new toys from Mark at SC&C, and Summit last week too. :yes:

Looks good :D , would you mind sharing your powder coating supplier ? (I am in LA, CA and would need my frame power coated as well)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Not at all, happy to share. Reliable Powder Coating in Downey. The owner's name is Jose. Really nice guy. I just picked up my center link from him this morning, didn't even charge me for it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Yeah, Mark is a really good guy and a wealth of knowledge. When I first started ordering parts he spent about an hour interviewing me, asking what I wanted to achieve, how I was planning to set up my car, etc. I thought that was really cool of him vs. just selling me a bunch of parts. He really takes the time to get to you know you and your car. Genuinely good dude!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I spent a little time getting the subframe re-installed, and semi aligned. It's sitting off to the left about 1/8 inch for now, but I can't get it aligned until I get the suspension assembled and can measure the wheel base. Also started loosely fitting the new control arms, springs, and spindles. I'm planning to snug everything down this weekend and start on the brakes.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Thanks Edy - Yeah, I'm using some body alignment pins I picked up from Chassisworks. Once I get the wheels back on I'll do the diagonal measurements and get it all squared up.

Thanks Swagger. Unfortunately the Cragars won't fit with the disc brakes I'm planning to run. I'll be adding those to the For Sale lot at the end of the build. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
76 Posts
What color did you spray on the body? I love it. Was thinking about Cortez Silver but I really like that darker tint to yours. Let me know if you don't mind sharing.

Rich

21 - 40 of 76 Posts