Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I’ve tried searching the forum and haven’t come up with much. I have a 65 that came with an old tci front clip with bags that was never fully assembled. It was a roller when I got it with a bunch of parts and pieces in the trunk. Does anyway still have the original instructions for these kits. I’ve contacted tci and they hooked me up with instructions for what’s out now but it doesn’t match up. Specifically my sway bar appears to mount behind the crossmember. Ideally, I’d love to get a set of instructions that contain all the torque specs, assembly procedures, and any part numbers and pics. I’ve got most of it assembled. For reference this clip has the slotted frame rail with t-bolts for the upper arms. I’ll try and load pics. Thanks in advance. Trying to get this all together so I can finally put an engine in here and feel like I’m getting somewhere.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
I can get some pics of the sway bar mounting on my 66 when I get home after work. I have the older mustang II front clip

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I have the sway bar, brackets, hardware and the heims links. There are a couple collars with set screws and I’m not sure whether they go inside or outside the brackets. I sent a pm to tim. I’ll try and mock it up tonight. Maybe it’s self explanatory. It sure would be nice to find a set of original instructions though.

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
I had an older TCI MII. It had the sway bar mount to where it was under the lower A arms. It would have been the lowest thing on the car. I tried it on and removed it! I finally had one bent and mounted it to the front of the A arms and above them so nothing hung down. The collars hold the sway bar from moving side to side. They go on the inside of the brackets.

Tim- great guy!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Arron! Unfortunately I didn’t make it out to the garage tonight. Tim replied today with the torque specs and other info I needed. I guess I assumed the sway bar needed to be above the lower a-arm but now it makes sense. I’m not building a frame layer so this set up should work until I can upgrade to something better.

Pete, I did find that link before but when I click on the relevant topics I get a message saying it couldn’t be found. The track width specs and other items there are helpful though. Thanks guys. I’m hoping to finish the front end assembly and initial setups in the next week so I can move on. Appreciate all the help. Trying to get re-motivated to get this thing moving under its own power by end of year.

I’m putting 5.3 in the car with a super t-10. Anybody done this with that front end? I’m not sure which oil pan I need. The motor currently has a Milodon front sump set up for auto cross. Pretty sure that won’t work. I was told when I bought the car it was setup for bbc. I have adapter engine mounts that are adjustable.

·
Registered
605 Posts
A f-body ls oil pan is the most common for our swaps with aftermarket clips. Some of the Holley pans fit but you'll need to confirm which one.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I made it out in the garage to mock up the sway bar. The heims and lower control arm are interfering so it won’t line up. I’m guessing I’m missing a misalignment spacer? Arron any thoughts? Tim gave me his number but it’s late. I’ll call him tomorrow.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Front end is assembled and the car is back on its tires. I’m going to order some spacers for the sway bar because I’m just not comfortably with the heims rubbing the a-arms. Going to pick up the engine and trans this week from my buddies shop. Still a ton to do. Thanks to everyone who replied.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts