Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a 63 Chevy II w original interior in real good shape but its got that old smell thats not reacting to febreeze at all. Unfortunately I dont have garage space or I would park it and leave the windows down to air out. Ive also tried placing pans of activated carbon (charcoal) in the car for a couple of months but its not helping. I was about to purchase a BISSELL - Little Green cleaner and clean but Im not convinced that its the best machine to get based on some reviews Ive read.

Any techniques, products or tips that would help?

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
Rent an Ozone generating air purification machine. It will work.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had one those things and didnt know it, it was in my grandfathers garage. Never knew what it was for:)

The Puritron "40". Just plugged it in and its got a blueish glow happenin in the inside and a fan blowing. Its not the quality I should rent but why not try and see if it cleans the smell a little.

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
Are you sure that thing emits ozone? That thing looks like a fire hazard.

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
You know you gotta blast that thing in the car with the windows up for a few days. If I was to use that thing I would be sure to put a smoke detector in there with it and have a good fire extinguisher on hand.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wont be using it, I have been looking online for rental shops for ozone generators and not finding anything in georgia. Ill call around tommorrow and see if any of the tool and equipment rental places have one.

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
cleanup...

Remove the seats and carpet...clean and shampoo. Use some Arm & Hammer baking soda...spread it in the interior and let it work for a week or so.....also air out the carpet and seats after cleaning. make sure you check under the dash for any odor causing items...like dead mice:eek:

Cleaning the seats and carpet will help a lot...also clean the headliner...you want to concentrate on the items that can retain smells..

wilma

·
Registered
566 Posts
get a rug doctor with the apholstry attatchment.

use a mix of a little bit of laundry detergent and some ODO BAN ( get it at SAM's Club) Has a very nice eucoliptys smell ( sp? ) and will definitely knock out the 'old' smell.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Check commercial janitorial supply stores for the ozone machine. Some rent them for removing smoke damage (smell). They really work well!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts