Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forums, wondering if there are any old school street racers from the Seattle area on here. There use to be some very fast street cars back in the early to mid 90's. I hear some of the hard core racers are spending big bucks and running outlaw type cars now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't figure out how to post pics yet, for some reason I don't get an option to chose from my files.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I remember a car similar to that one that was driven by a girl. I actually have the rear tire off of her car. She hung out with a few cars, a Chevelle driven by Craig I think, a Henry J, Ewing, I think he had a Corvette. That's the cars off the top of my head.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep that was her name. I got out of the street game as our cars were getting a little unsafe at the speeds we were going. I took my car off the street and raced at the track for a while, it's been retired for about 15 years now. I have decided to go racing again but not to the level the others have went.

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
Yep that was her name. I got out of the street game as our cars were getting a little unsafe at the speeds we were going. I took my car off the street and raced at the track for a while, it's been retired for about 15 years now. I have decided to go racing again but not to the level the others have went.
Agree, the street is no place to race for obvious reasons. Thankfully there doesn't seen to be too much of it around anymore but there will always be some who end up making the 11 o'clock news.

If you want to come back out, we are part of the West Coast Streetcar Association and have several races each season where you can fit in. Look on our website for information on the various classes, rules, payouts, etc.
www.wcsaracing.com

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will do that, I still want to run street tires and mufflers and will probably stay in the 10.50 range. Thank you. Oh and tell your wife Kenny says hi if she remembers me.

Agree, the street is no place to race for obvious reasons. Thankfully there doesn't seen to be too much of it around anymore but there will always be some who end up making the 11 o'clock news.

If you want to come back out, we are part of the West Coast Streetcar Association and have several races each season where you can fit in. Look on our website for information on the various classes, rules, payouts, etc.
www.wcsaracing.com

·
Registered
155 Posts
The old races out of South Park and Georgetown were pretty cool! Not so much any more... always some goofball video taping it and slapping it on youtube... The cars suck nowadays, but at least you get a great view of their license plates!...:)

The early nineties were a fun time in South Seattle!:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Those were the good old days for sure, safe for the most part and not a whole lot of ****heads to deal with. Did we ever meet or race each other? Remember my car?

The old races out of South Park and Georgetown were pretty cool! Not so much any more... always some goofball video taping it and slapping it on youtube... The cars suck nowadays, but at least you get a great view of their license plates!...:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLew0155y1M

The early nineties were a fun time in South Seattle!:)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Did we ever meet or race each other? Remember my car?
We might have been best friends for all I know!
In 1993 I was 18 years old, I would go to the street races high on every drug known to man, and a few I made myself.. I don't remember anything between 1993-1999.. sorry.

I was there in a baby blue 1970 Pontiac Lemans, with a 400, and no hood... Busted a few times by the police for the "no hood":) 425 horses in that old Pontiac, but it was heavy as hell....:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ha ha fair enough, just wondering if anyone remembers my car and the many races we did. Good time for sure and not much police action.

We might have been best friends for all I know!
In 1993 I was 18 years old, I would go to the street races high on every drug known to man, and a few I made myself.. I don't remember anything between 1993-1999.. sorry.

I was there in a baby blue 1970 Pontiac Lemans, with a 400, and no hood... Busted a few times by the police for the "no hood":) 425 horses in that old Pontiac, but it was heavy as hell....:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts