Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have passed the torch, my son now 19 has got the bug. We started building
a 66 nova that his grandpa bought him when he was 10 and it sat till he was
about 17, we just in the last 8 months made it go from being a back yard plant stand to an 11.60s drag car.The first engine he ever built a 70s 350 camaro block,69 vett heads with a little work,a scat crank,and rods,and
12.88 pistons. I just have to say a dad couldnt be more proud.
We kept the stock 10 bolt 8.2 put a mini spool with 4.10 gears and a 3200 stall. Its funny but every time we take it out its runs faster.
Our buddys are mad at us because it has all stock suspension and it 60 fts
1.60 1.62 consistantly,im afraid to put cal tracs on.
The main thing is were haveing fun!!!
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j27/richoc74/jons 66/littleofftheground.jpg
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j27/richoc74/jons 66/GOLF325.jpg

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
about 17, we just in the last 8 months made it go from being a back yard plant stand to an 11.60s drag car.The first engine he ever built a 70s 350 camaro block,69 vett heads with a little work,a scat crank,and rods,and
We kept the stock 10 bolt 8.2 put a mini spool with 4.10 gears and a 3200 stall. Its funny but every time we take it out its runs faster.
Hi,welcome to steves!!Where is Mentone?bm

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have a set of Competition Engineering traction bars with "J" bolts on my '66. Ford 9" with 4 pinion trac lock and 4.88 gears.3800 stahl.It jumps out of the hole like a rabbit and did 1.5 60's.lots of fun and I miss it,but not for long.

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
Welcome to the place. Man that is so cool you could pass on the torch to your son. I my self have done the same thing. My son this week has informed me that he want's to do a father son project himself. SO..................hopefully some time next year me and him will in the market for 1st gen CAMARO!:eek: I tried to talk him into a 1st or 2nd gen Nova. But
nope it's either a CAMARO or a 1st gen RUSTANG:puke:

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Wow that hauls pretty good!:yes:

Welcome to the site.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
welcome to the site,there is some great people and info here and I liked hearing about the history of this car, I hope it remains his for a long,long, time until it's time to pass the torch once more....

·
Registered
35 Posts
69 Nova SS Cloning Project

welcome & Good Luck, I'm also new on this site & I'm trying to find my way around, My Name is Craig & I noticed some real nice people here & alot of usefull information, I Learned alot already, here is a pic & a Link to my site , I'm currently converting a 6 CYL Nova to a Big block SS Clone... I'm trying to get to know people here so please have patience, I'm an old Drag racer from Yonkers NY & I just sold a real 69 Big block SS, That was my Killer for 23 years, Now I'm into the shows & once ina While day at the drags, I think its great that your passing the torch, One day I'll do the same, Again Good Luck....Craig...

http://s605.photobucket.com/albums/tt139/GUITARWANNABEE/69 Nova big Block Project/

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Welcome to the site

Your just up the road from me. I am in Highland,Ca. There are a few of us on here that are close by.
Is the car street-able? If so you need to bring it out when we do our get togethers. Do you take it to the Yucipia show that Past Pleasures puts on?
Keep an eye on the South Western Section we have a lot of things going on.

batman09
Mentone,Ca is by Redlands,Ca or San Bernardino,Ca if you don't know where Redlands is. We are in SoCal

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pics are up

but i guess you would have seen them.gatta go have questions on tech board

·
Premium Member
1963 Chevy II wagon 400
11,882 Posts
Welcome aboard Ricki !!!! Nice pics .

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Been a long time since street racen huh

Welcome to the site

Your just up the road from me. I am in Highland,Ca. There are a few of us on here that are close by.
Is the car street-able? If so you need to bring it out when we do our get togethers. Do you take it to the Yucipia show that Past Pleasures puts on?
Keep an eye on the South Western Section we have a lot of things going on.

batman09
Mentone,Ca is by Redlands,Ca or San Bernardino,Ca if you don't know where Redlands is. We are in SoCal
Wade this is rich remember rich and christine,tony parker and the gang.
Yes it is streetable but not for long distance dont want to hurt the converter
well maybe now we just changed from a 4500 stall to a 3000 probably wont get to hot. ya would like to cruize again my boy did a hell of a job building
this motor we calc it to be about 400 450 hp.

·
Premium Member
2,948 Posts
WELCOME to the site and there's allot of knowledgeable people here.. So, don't be afraid to ask questions..

Also, :pics:

·
Registered
914 Posts
Welcome to the place. Man that is so cool you could pass on the torch to your son. I my self have done the same thing. My son this week has informed me that he want's to do a father son project himself. SO..................hopefully some time next year me and him will in the market for 1st gen CAMARO!:eek: I tried to talk him into a 1st or 2nd gen Nova. But
nope it's either a CAMARO or a 1st gen RUSTANG:puke:
Whoa!!! You best be happy living with a camaro than a you-know-what. It will still be cool either way he goes. Tell him it's cheaper to build a GM 'cause of interchangable parts. ( like his Dad's leftovers )

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
Whoa!!! You best be happy living with a camaro than a you-know-what. It will still be cool either way he goes. Tell him it's cheaper to build a GM 'cause of interchangable parts. ( like his Dad's leftovers )
Well his other choice was a 49 Merc. Which is ok with me but alot more expensive.................well JMO

1 - 19 of 19 Posts