Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know what the heck is going on? the power window on the driver's side of my "mom's" '89 sub. won't work when it isn't cold out. say, it operates at temps. under60 degrees. I pulled the switch, it worked! then I put it back on, NOTHING!!!

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
I've got the oppositte problem with my F$rd explorer.

When I bought the truck they guys says "About the only thing that doesn't work is the passenger side lock button." He proceeded to open the passenger door and pressed the button and "click" the doors unlocked. He almost sh#t a brick..he was like "What the...that button hasn't worked for years!"

Well, when he was showing me the truck it was parked out in the sun in the middle of the summer. Inside the car was probably 150 degrees at that moment. The car was usually garaged until his new yukon took that spot.

that button hasn't worked since that day...cuz I don't park it out in the sun all day (and it has been winter since I've owned it!)

So for some reason my lock button on the explorer only works when it is really hot! Go figure.

·
Super Moderator
12,017 Posts
Moving to northern Canada should solve the problem :D
When it is warm and not wroking is the time to test it. Remove the switch nad using a jumper wire test the motor. If it works, replace the switch. If it doesn't then unplug the the harness at the motor and test for motor operation using a jumper from 12v to the up and down terminals. If it works the problem is in the wire between the switch and motor if it does not work the motor is the problem.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My dad had a similar problem on his 92 S10. If I remember right what he found is there is a "bi-metallic" strip that when it gets hot shuts off power so you dont fry the motor. I think he got it to work by soldering it, but now you cant keep the button pushed after the window is fully open or closed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts