Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm serious...how do you remove that troublesome, little acorn nut on the end of the outer front seat hinge of a 2 door ' 70 Nova? I've tried 2 screwdrivers, pliers, and still can't get that little S - B off. It's a bit farther out but still hanging on. Thing is TOUGH. And, if I wreck the thing, are they still available for replacement, haven't seen it in Classic Industries catalog. Can this stubborn thing be removed without pulling the seat mount off the floor? and is it EASIER to replace it than take it off in that tight area? Anyone got any ideas or tips? Can't wait to hear from you....................thanks...

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
It's all bad news unfortunately, they are one time use and they're not repopped, I'm in need of a pair myself for the same reason. A good pry bar will pop them off. They are the same as what would hold a kids wagon or tricycle rear wheel.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
When we had our seats recovered, the shop had put new ones on. They are not the same as the originals but our car insn't original anyway. The other day I was in home depot and seen the exact ones for just pennys each in the fastener area. here's a pic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts