Chevy Nova Forum banner

What do you do with your car (or fingers)

• I just post here on SNS and let my tires rot.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • It's a Daily Driver

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • Work in progress

Votes: 42 47.2%
  • Cut as many up as I can

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Its broke with no hope

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Drag Race

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • As many shows as I can get too

Votes: 18 20.2%
  • Trailer queen with under 5 miles on the odometer

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing as the original thread is so old, I thought I'd start a new one and see what people are doing with their cars this year? I've driven my car 9,000 miles in two months.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've never been to any shows with my car. I take it out and go to dinner, to the store or just a cruise around.

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
Lot's of weekend shows, I don't get enuff time off to rack up that many miles. Hope to someday. You got a job? :D Saw you over at South Bend, but missed you at Norwalk. Had a wedding to go to.:( Love the wagon, the fuel fill is trick.

Whoops, I'm NW Ohio not NW U.S. My bad.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Been to Dad's and back a couple times.
I remember back in the day...trips to Arizona, trips to Bakersfield, drunk trips can't remember where we went, sad that you spent all that time and money and you won't drive it, but to dad's and back. I think you should be my first honest poster on my poll on "what do you do with your car" and you should post, I just post on Steve's Nova site and let my tires rot. :rolleyes::(:(

·
Premium Member
2,814 Posts
I drive mine when ever I can. Did a show on the 4th in Blaine. Rolled the odometer to 40,000 since the finished build in summer of 2001. Truely a joy to drive.:)

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
I remember back in the day...trips to Arizona, trips to Bakersfield, drunk trips can't remember where we went, sad that you spent all that time and money and you won't drive it, but to dad's and back. I think you should be my first honest poster on my poll on "what do you do with your car" and you should post, I just post on Steve's Nova site and let my tires rot. :rolleyes::(:(
Yep, I'm just no fun anymore. Here's a shot at San Pedro. Or has it been photo shopped?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I finishe getting my 66sedan running and driveable w a 350 the week after the 4th of July last year(2008) and put almost 4K on it beforeThnksgving when I put it up for the winter and had a local machine shop do a date correct 327 for me. I got the 327 back up and running the weekend of May9th and put a thousand miles on it before heading out on the power tour June 6. I built it to drive it and I DRIVE IT almost daily.:yes::yes::yes::yes:

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
I dont think it was photo shopped BUT it was proly trailed so the bottom of the SS wouldent get dirt on it :eek:
One of the main reasons I don't drive it much is I don't want to damage any hard to get 65 SS only pieces, and I don't know of any reputable used nova parts dealers to buy parts from. :eek::D

·
Registered
202 Posts
Father and son project with my boy.
By the end of summer, he'll be driving it to school for his senior HS year, and plans on painting it for his senior project. He has no idea how much auto paint costs.:D

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
The 62 was my daily driver for about six week while I was gathering parts for the rear of my tuck. the wife and I took it to the coast for the weekend, it is in the bullpen all ready to go, but may only get driven every week or two now.

·
Registered
663 Posts
hmmm lets see, it sits either at my dads shop or at my garage, i put hard earned money, sweat, tears, blood, and curse words into it.

Just painted it, and have been putting it back together last few weeks, doing windshields, and interior, then brakes and she is finished, im not sure what im going to do with it when i can enjoy it. Possibly just drive it everywhere!

Been 5 years since i rode/drove a nova. :turn:

·
Registered
89 Posts
She's sitting in her new garage since the move from SoCal. Just waiting to get some ****************$ together to put some lights in the garage to see what the heck I'm doing well enough to start back up working on her. Almost ready for a test drive since rebuilding the driveline and tweaking a small block for her. She runs, but still needs a couple of minor things before she can hit the road.....like mufflers! LOL!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Let it breath at least once month!!

I get the car out when weather dries out for a day or two in the wet months
spring is coming?! will be the nova show in covington in April, and whatever
else comes along. will have to save up for gas money, trick fuel is $8.03 us gal.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I cruise as much as I can. I've put 700 miles on it in the month I've had it, even with the 30" of Snow we've had in N.Y.... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
134 Posts
I get the car out when weather dries out for a day or two in the wet months
spring is coming?! will be the nova show in covington in April, and whatever
else comes along. will have to save up for gas money, trick fuel is $8.03 us gal.
Who is hosting the Nova Show the Street Rats. I always go to the Friday evening get togethers a Covington Wallmart.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts