Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am having oil pressure issues right now....when cruising on the freeway it drops to around 20psi.....also it drops to around 5psi when i stop at a light goes back to 20 then goes back to 40psi when i get on the gas again....the gauge is bouncing around alot......I know theres plenty of oil in the engine....so ive ruled that out......you can hear the lifters get louder when the pressure drops

It only seems to do this when the car has been driven alot.....doesnt do it when you first start driving around.

Basic 350 sb with a weiand supercharger....electric oil pressure gauge

any ideas?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I changed my oil and filter....while empty I pounded on the oil pan to see if the pick up fell off...but there was no noise....filled it back up with a little thicker oil mobil 1 10w-40 and it seems to be running fine right now.....23psi sitting at the light and 45psi at cruisin'

for some reason i doubt this is a fix...

·
Registered
192 Posts
I just had the same problem with mine today went to change oil seen it was a little silver in color so I no it ant good. Well getting ready to pull motor now its a 383 weiland 144 supercharged will see in the next couple weeks what the verdict is good luck to yeah :(

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
I had a clogged filter.:)
I had the same problem with my 383. I was using a Fram filter. Never again. Bought an AC delco and everything is fine again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts