Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would I trouble shoot this?I have oil to the gauge....I losened it on the back of the gauge and started the car...I have oil.....what else to check?thanks bm

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Not much else to do since the gauge is mechanical and you have oil to the gauge. That is unless you have extremely low pressure and the gauge is just not moving.

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
Does it move at all?

As stated, pretty much if the engine has oil pressure and the pipe is on the back of the gauge, if it doesn't move it has to be a bad gauge.

Did it just quit now?

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does it move at all?

As stated, pretty much if the engine has oil pressure and the pipe is on the back of the gauge, if it doesn't move it has to be a bad gauge.

Did it just quit now?
no movement at all...when I restored my interior it tool it all apart to spray the dash....put it back together...nothing....it did work before:confused:

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Oil pressure

Bruce, have you checked supply line to gauge?? maybe kinked??
you never know!! I have a huge box of SS gauges if you need one to see
if gauge working on or not.

Charlie p.

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bruce, have you checked supply line to gauge?? maybe kinked??
you never know!! I have a huge box of SS gauges if you need one to see
if gauge working on or not.

Charlie p.
Yeah I checked the line....not kinked...I disconnected it and started the car....I have good pressure...must be the gauge:confused:
ill let you know on the gauge

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Look at the back side of the gauge where the oil line connects maybe something is in there. Mechanical gauges don't fail very often and when they do oil leaks out everywhere. RICK

1 - 9 of 9 Posts