Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone know if the oil sending connection on the top,near the distribuator is a threaded connection and how you go about removing the electrical sending housing to replac it with mechanical connection, the motor is in the car. I cant see howw you remove this without damaging the ceramic electrical connection.Any help would be appricated.
thanks Paul.

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
I am pretty sure it screws in so you just see if you got a big socket ot maybe pliers and take it out then run the mech. line,:)

·
Registered
544 Posts
NovaResource said:
Actually, there is a special socket made just for that sensor because I believe it's 7-sided instead of 6-sided like most bolts/nuts. Pep-Boys should carry it.

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?item_ID=70328&group_ID=1550

I just use channel-locks.
You are on the money ... and they come in a couple of sizes. We bought a set since we have been turning around so many motors lately. If they are really in tight (and the motor is still in the car) it can be difficult :eek: to get it out using a socket, grips or locks without damaging the unit.

You might be able to "borrow" the tool from a buddy or the parts house ... unless you want to have the special tool sitting in the back of your toolbox for a while.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
If it all possible, would you guys know the actual thread size of the oil pressure sensor? The reason why I am asking is because I am getting a leak around the adaptor that I have on my set-up. I have tried the white thread tape and the oil was still leaking. I think that the adaptor I have is fubared to some degree and it needs to be replaced. I just don't know the size of the actual fitting that I would need. Any help would be apprecaited.

Dan

p.s. Sorry for tagging on to this thread to ask a question...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts