Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought the v8 swap kit from chevy 2 only. The oil pick up they sent does line up with any available bolt holes. As anyone had to mod the bracket ?

Attachments

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Looks like it will once you seat the pickup tube all the way in the oil pump.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no bolt hole

In the picture it does look like there is hole, but if you look 2 bolt main above the one line up. You will see there is no hope. I wish it as that simple.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Special bolt / bend

What special bolt? How did you mod it?

Its 80-85 2 bolt main chevy bolt. I checked the id on the bolt.

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
Probably no threaded bolt hole in the block. Seat the tube properly, center punch the block in the middle of the mounting hole. Then drill and tap the hole.Make sure to take precautions to capture the metal from drilling. Try putting some heavy grease on the drill bit. That will help catch the pieces.

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Probably no threaded bolt hole in the block. Seat the tube properly, center punch the block in the middle of the mounting hole. Then drill and tap the hole.Make sure to take precautions to capture the metal from drilling. Try putting some heavy grease on the drill bit. That will help catch the pieces.
Yeap what he said ^^^^^, I seen it didn't come with the hole after I paid attention to the year and seen the knock sensor on the block.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts