Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a 66 2 door sedan with a 383 stroker. I have concerns with how low my current pan hangs down. I would like to know if other guys have had this same problem and what I can do to remedy this. Any pics of corrected pans. Thanks

·
Registered
798 Posts
If you're looking for a rear sump and you don't have power steering,the cheapie Ebay pan with the "C" notch in it is a decent piece.There are a number of vendors selling the same pan.I have one on my 65 and it is 8 1/4" deep with kickouts to get 6 qts.It rides about 1/2"-3/4" higher than the bottom of my scattershield if I remember correctly.My motor is out right now but the pan is higher than the bottom of the bellhousing.The only problem is I have the Hooker chassis exit headers to clear a mechanical clutch linkage and a couple of the tubes swing in tight to the pan to clear the Z-bar and combined with the pan kickouts makes it impossible to get the oil filter out.Gotta drop a header,**** around with a motor mount and it's still a tight deal.I always use the K&N oil filters with the nut on the bottom so you don't have to wrangle a filter wrench up there.I know some people don't like this pan but it has been fine for me.Cleared my 3.75" crank w/Eagle rods,welds are fine,reinforced at the corners and hasn't leaked a drip with a one piece pan gasket.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts